Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know this season was unbelievably tough in about a hundred different ways, especially for a 18 year old #1 draft pick, but JHF's character had been questioned way too often, so it's for the best that we cut our losses now to maximize our compensation return value rather than delude ourselves into thinking we can change his outlook.

With or without Clarko - next season is going to be another struggle, and there is no way JHF could handle that.

I saw a proposal that Port give pick 8, 27 (Amon compo) & Georgiades to WCE for 2 & Rioli. I'd take 2 & next years first
It's going to be a long trade period, the JHF trade won't go through until all the other trades are completed in order for north to be satisfied.

i'd definitely take 2 and next years 1st though, doubt it'll happen though.

Is he worth pick 2+ another first round after a pretty poor first year?
"Poor first year" is a massive overstatement.

He actually had a pretty decent first year. Just played in one of the worst teams in living memory so it didn't mean much.

Daicos is a f'ing gun, but guarantee his output would have been severely reduced if he hadn't been tied to Collingwood and ended up at North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phillips can walk up to him each time we play them and grab him by the nuts and smile.
When you still have young guns like LDU, Simpkin, Phillips, Powell and 2 more years or hopefully more out of cunners honestly who cares, bring on a player and a couple of first rounders to fill in roles we lack let Nancy go to port they can have the headlines we have enough.

But really. How s**t this has been. I blame the dude who started the rock bottom thread. It just keeps getting lower.
Sad GIF

Last edited:
I suspect exiting JHF will be a good thing for the Roos - sounds like heā€™s a bit cancerous.

More broadly, however, this kind of thing damages the integrity of the draft.

JHFā€™s demands, coupled with Perkins ā€œI donā€™t want to be drafted outside Vicā€ antics put the AFL in dangerous territory, as a genuinely national comp needs a fair & robust draft system.

Apologies for the intrusion - but I genuinely hope you donā€™t get reamed here. The system needs a fair outcome

It looks and feels like heā€™s never really embraced the club. Playing in a north jumper but not really part of things. I am leaning towards trading him back to SA for some draft picks.
I donā€™t usually quote myself but I saw the signs after few rounds.

Itā€™s just a massive relief to me.

Is he worth pick 2+ another first round after a pretty poor first year?

It's a fair question, though as other have pointed out, he wasn't "poor".

Depends on how desperate Port are to do the deal (it looks like they are), and how willing our guys are to dig the heels in and hold him to his contract if the deal isn't good enough.

I'd be happy to hold him and see if he has a change of heart based on how next season pans out. I get that we weaken our trading hand if we wait a year, but it might still be worth the gamble.

Got to love these brave months-old port profiles emerging out of the woodwork.
It's always the profiles I've never seen on the Port baord embarrassing themselves the most on the main board or other teams boards.

Its a s**t situation for you guys.

You'll get 2 first rounders plus out of this deal. Hopefully you nail them and it ends up a win-win.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I suspect exiting JHF will be a good thing for the Roos - sounds like heā€™s a bit cancerous.

More broadly, however, this kind of thing damages the integrity of the draft.

JHFā€™s demands, coupled with Perkins ā€œI donā€™t want to be drafted outside Vicā€ antics put the AFL in dangerous territory, as a genuinely national comp needs a fair & robust draft system.
I bet the Roos wish JHF voiced some concerns about moving interstate before he was drafted, but it does seem like the trouble started when he got to North even if it wasnā€™t completely their fault.

The reality is some young players donā€™t handle moving interstate while others are more than happy to. Their seems to be a fair bit of traction in young players being retained at QLD - especially at Brisbane - so maybe a lot of it is to do with club culture and on field performance.

If JHF indicated heā€™d prefer staying in SA the Roos likely take Callaghan and/or bid on Daicos and they arenā€™t in this kind of bind.

Drafting players always comes with some risk, whether the player indicates they are happy to move or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back