Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually love the fact all three of our key forwards are different and have varying strengths. McDonald is probably our most well-rounded key forward, in the sense that he can do it in the air, on the ground and bring teammates into the play.

He's only just played his 55th game and is nowhere near his full potential. He's on track for a 40+ goal season and is sixth in the AFL for key forwards in goal assists (8). He's doing fine.

Gees you guys are harsh critics!

He's just turned 22, only played 55 games, still putting on bulk and learning his craft, and scoring 1.5 goals a game... He's still about 3 years off his expected peak, and is average or above average is most stats, and coming along nicely. What more do you want???

Both he and Amartey are playing their roles, doing the team thing, and bringing it to ground or clunking it! His awareness is improving all the time, both defensively and offensively... Some of his tap ons have been sublime!

Chill a little... all these comments about what's wrong with him are going to look mighty foolish in 12-18 months...

one day he will actually mark half of the balls where he gets both hands to the ball but just doesnt quite complete it. when that happens he will kick 6.6 and pass off another 4.

its very close with him
I would love to see a heat map to see how much ground he covers , he's not a goal square forward like AmartEy

With all the Chad & Hayward contract talk - the fact that Logan is still out of contract has fallen off the radar.

It’s still a worry.

Hopefully the swans are breaking it during the bye with nothing else on that one or both are staying.

Based on no logic I feel like Mcdonald at least stays short term to build his stock

I would love to see a heat map to see how much ground he covers , he's not a goal square forward like AmartEy
gsE5JpZ.png

Forward ->

Source: https://dfsaustralia.com/heat-map/?map=https://s.afl.com.au/heatmaps/2024/match-124251101-1013230.png&playerId=CD_I1013230&playerName=Logan McDonald&season=2024&round=11

I’m happy with his year people need to remember it’s his first full season. He will have ups and downs but he is a forward that brings others into the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No goals today, but contributed a fair bit with a few goal assists. Just finds a way to stay involved in a good capacity.

Played really well today

No goals today, but contributed a fair bit with a few goal assists. Just finds a way to stay involved in a good capacity.

He set up the first goal in particular IIRC.

They are working well together

Remove this Banner Ad

Back