Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC)

Remove this Banner Ad

We are going to be captained by players with the first name of Jack for a long, long time - whether its one of the current two, or Viney.

Such a massive relief! When I saw the news I was literally ecstatic. I'm still stressing out about these rumours of the Club wanting to give up pick three in the current year's draft for a player who might possibly be pick two in next year's (not to mention all the Dawes bollocks). No 17 year olds, no pick 13 for Dawes, no pick four for Dawes and Wellingham.

Please MFC, just do your best to get Stevens and Pederson across for cheap, and then plunder the shit out of this draft! To think, if GWS pick Grundy, we could wind up with three of the top five mids in this draft in Viney and pick three and four, plus whoever we pick up at 13! If GWS pass on Grundy, we get the most promising ruck-cum-fwd in recent years and still two of the best five mids in the draft, and still whoever we take with pick 13. Ridiculous!

Welcome Jack :D:D

Jack Viney??? Over him already...;) Can we please start talking about Billy Stretch now. He got BOG for Glenelg in his recent SANFL U16 Grand Final.

Finals Scores Glenelg 11-7 lost to Norwood 12-8.

Goals: Alex Brown 2, Bryce Woolard 2, Mark Smith, Sam Kennedy, Jack Donkersley, Jack Glazbrook, Aaron Von Stanke, Ben Ryan, Peter Spurling all 1

Best: Billy Stretch, Peter Clunes, Luke Green, Cleve Westley, Elliot Chalmers, Peter Spurling, Ben tate and Cam McPherson

Melbourne might have some good recruits in 2013 and beyond.

Your midfield will be pretty strong, with Jack Viney, Shannon Byrnes, Sharrad Wellingham and possibly Farren Ray (who I heard rumoured). If you get Caddy as well, you have the potential to have one of the best midfields in the league.

A really good midfield to deliver teh ball to Mitch Clark and Chris Dawes.

Add Jesse Hogan in the ruck in 2014, and look out.

Who knows, with a midfield like that, it might force Sylvia to pull his finger out, or he could be playing VFL.

I don't really care what happens from here tbh. We've essentially gotten a free pick to play with now. Hogan and Caddy would do just fine!

Viney at 26 is a ridiculous steal. I'm still shocked it happened.

Your midfield will be pretty strong, with Jack Viney, Shannon Byrnes, Sharrad Wellingham and possibly Farren Ray (who I heard rumoured). If you get Caddy as well, you have the potential to have one of the best midfields in the league.

Who knows, with a midfield like that, it might force Sylvia to pull his finger out, or he could be playing VFL.

You're not related to the guy in the other thread are you? Midfield compliments for us o_O o_O

I don't really care what happens from here tbh. We've essentially gotten a free pick to play with now. Hogan and Caddy would do just fine!

Viney at 26 is a ridiculous steal. I'm still shocked it happened.

Caddy is zero chance. Manager basically stated he didn't want to come and play for us under any circumstances. His loss really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caddy is zero chance. Manager basically stated he didn't want to come and play for us under any circumstances. His loss really.

Oh well then...his loss indeed. I do think we could possibly get someone better than him (even though I wouldn't have complained had he wanted to come). Have watched him this year...not overly impressed (he is very young though). Dawes and Wellingham would be a great pick up imo. Dawes + something else would also be worth a look in (just Dawes...not so much). As I said though, whatever we get for one of the picks is essentially for free (in my mind). Viney should have been snapped up latest within top 5, possibly top 3. Let's trust our coaching department that they know what will best suit the club. If they opt for some experience, trust them I say.

We did well. We did well indeed.

A bit of a weird post. You don't mention our #1 midfielder who is better than all of the above. Farren Ray is a spud who would struggle to get a game even for us. Sylvia has a very good second half of 2012 and I think the finger has either been pulled out or seriously dislodged at least.

But the compliments are still appreciated :)

Welcome to the club Jack...

"Cale, can you clean out your locker cause Jack needs it!"

Lol. Poor Morton. I haven't written him off yet. I think after another pre-season under Neeldy and co he can do some good things next year. Every player on our list deserves a bit more time...they had to endure the Bailey era remember.

Lol. Poor Morton. I haven't written him off yet. I think after another pre-season under Neeldy and co he can do some good things next year. Every player on our list deserves a bit more time...they had to endure the Bailey era remember.

He does do some good things. It's just his brain fades and mistakes like going to pick up the ball and missing it entirely or his dreaded clangers.

In a bold warning, Viney Jr said he would try to make Melbourne regret its decision -- and never return to the Demons -- if ignored at Monday's father-son bid meeting.
"I don't think I would go back to Melbourne. If they let it slip it's their fault and life goes on,'' Viney Jr said.
"If that happens, I don't owe anything to Melbourne, besides my Dad playing there.
"I would be quite disappointed. I would do everything in my power to make them regret that decision.''

"That would just motivate me to train harder and, I guess, bring out more in myself,'' Viney said.

In a bold warning, Viney Jr said he would try to make Melbourne regret its decision -- and never return to the Demons -- if ignored at Monday's father-son bid meeting.
"I don't think I would go back to Melbourne. If they let it slip it's their fault and life goes on,'' Viney Jr said.
"If that happens, I don't owe anything to Melbourne, besides my Dad playing there.
"I would be quite disappointed. I would do everything in my power to make them regret that decision.''

"That would just motivate me to train harder and, I guess, bring out more in myself,'' Viney said.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/trade-and-draft/jack-viney-says-melbourne-will-only-get-one-chance-to-secure-him-and-he-will-make-them-pay-if-they-dont/story-fna8vsun-1226487884412#ixzz28jlbfYQw

We've talked about this and the majority of us said his sentiments were fair and it shows the level of determination you'll get from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back