• Inside Midfielder

Votes: 89 41.8%
  • Forward Pocket

Votes: 124 58.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little surprised about folks being out of touch with Jacks profile.

He is the captain of the shinboners and will never take a backward step. It simply isn't in his DNA.

If he really does have busted ribs and OP, then 12 contested possessions and 9 tackles is outrageously heroic stuff.

He is the captain of the shinboners and will never take a backward step. It simply isn't in his DNA.

If he really does have busted ribs and OP, then 12 contested possessions and 9 tackles is outrageously heroic stuff.

I agree. I would rather see him in better condition though. I am sure the boys do too

If he played with broken ribs and the coach was aware of it then Scott should be sacked, your risk of puncturing a lung with broken ribs is significantly increased. Why would you risk a player's health and potentially his life for a nothing game in a season we are shot.

It sounds like idiocy or bullshit excuses for someone who is under-performing.

If he sticks his hand up to play then getting more than 8 effective disposals should be more than an expectation, but a requirement for a midfielder to earn the right to put the jumper on.

If he played with broken ribs and the coach was aware of it then Scott should be sacked, your risk of puncturing a lung with broken ribs is significantly increased. Why would you risk a player's health and potentially his life for a nothing game in a season we are shot.

It sounds like idiocy or bullshit excuses for someone who is under-performing.

If he sticks his hand up to play then getting more than 8 effective disposals should be more than an expectation, but a requirement for a midfielder to earn the right to put the jumper on.

Jack bleeds for this club. Everyone probably knows he's injured, including himself but he pushes through it

Any footballer does not want to be on the sidelines

Jack bleeds for this club. Everyone probably knows he's injured, including himself but he pushes through it

Any footballer does not want to be on the sidelines

It is selfish to put yourself ahead of the team and the club. It isn't inspirational. If you have sore ribs, let along broken ones, they aren't going to heal very quickly playing footy, so he is going to take whatever recovery time required and triple it by doing so on-field while being dead weight. Awesome.

Outrageously courageous.

But he can't run. He was never an athletic best before; but he is heaving at every stoppage. Watch him next week for a quarter. See what he's doing at every stoppage.

And when he can't go with his man, it forces us to use another mid to cover which releases one of their mids...you can see the chain reaction.

Rest him, or play him full time forward until he's right.

Rest him, or play him full time forward until he's right.

I'm all for this under the circumstances, but who takes his place? Dumont?

There's no one in the seconds mate. The cupboard is bare until Jacobs returns.

Dumont, Swallow as a placeholder, Cunnington.

We need to overhaul the midfield, regardless of whether Ziebell got injured or not. Give Garner a burst through there. I'd love to see McDonald have a crack. How would Atley go in there?

We're not making finals, let's see what options we have. Sending Ziebell in week after week when he's clearly hurt is a waste.

We need to overhaul the midfield, regardless of whether Ziebell got injured or not. Give Garner a burst through there. I'd love to see McDonald have a crack. How would Atley go in there?

We're not making finals, let's see what options we have. Sending Ziebell in week after week when he's clearly hurt is a waste.

McDonald is a midfielder, no doubt about that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zurhaar, Williams, Anderson. Anyone. Doesn't matter. I'd rather we play Williams on a wing and have an extra runner in the guts than continue to play a clearly hobbled Ziebell. We aren't making finals, and there is no sense in continuing to ruin Jack's body for the sake of "protecting" Zurhaar or Williams.

Gibson is actually a really decent inside mid when played in that role, if Jack needs a rest we could move him inside and bring in Hibberd to play on a wing. Otherwise our inside options are practically zero apart from Jed.

Gibson is actually a really decent inside mid when played in that role, if Jack needs a rest we could move him inside and bring in Hibberd to play on a wing. Otherwise our inside options are practically zero apart from Jed.
lucky for us we are playing too many Inside mids already

So does the captain cop a grilling from bad scott for his piss poor on field performances?

Lets cunners do too much of the hard work.

Agree with this. I'd like to see McDonald in the midfield and Ziebell in defence. I've thought for a long time that Jack's best position would be behind the ball, reading the play.

Of course, right now he just needs to be fit when he takes the field.

After he gets over his injuries, I think he may find himself playing his best football at half-back flank, with occasional stints up forward.

He is not going to have a long successful career in the mid-field. He cant keep his fitness levels up long enough, mostly because he does a lot of heavy work inside and it is taking a toll on his body.

After he gets over his injuries, I think he may find himself playing his best football at half-back flank, with occasional stints up forward.

He is not going to have a long successful career in the mid-field. He cant keep his fitness levels up long enough, mostly because he does a lot of heavy work inside and it is taking a toll on his body.
Who r u where have you been ? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back