Player Watch #7: Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Rayner gave him a bath I thought. Eventually had to move Houli To Rayner. Bakes got better after that, but I'm not sure he is a backman, plays very wide and not always goal side either.
Rainer was ordinary, unless you were Darcy pumping his tyers.
Not sure what actually qualifies as a good or bad game, but Baker wouldn't have dissapointed Dimma.

Not sure what actually qualifies as a good or bad game, but Baker wouldn't have dissapointed Dimma.

Rayner was good in the first half. Was the best game I have seen him play he just missed shots on goal.

Thought he fulfilled his new role very well, he is clean with ball in hand and kicks on both sides of his body, rarely turns the ball over as he has good decision making, has a footy brain.

Another of the smaller cogs in the machine which are essential but tends to slip under the radar. The advantage also is he can switch forward if need be and has shown to be effective there too.

Another of the positives to come out of our early season injury toll, probably wouldn't have seen this guy this season otherwise.

Rayner wasn't ordinary, but he was wasteful along with the rest of his team, and that was our good fortune

Rayner wasn't ordinary, but he was wasteful along with the rest of his team, and that was our good fortune
Youngish side with young players playing out of their skins, adrenilin driven footy, badly let down by their forwards...
Just needed to play the percentages more, one percenters, and work more for each other...
Very wasteful kicking for Goal...their bad footy and bad luck!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

exactly if raynor kicks straight and one or two other lions it could have been diabolical for us.

It would have been another story - good, bad or indifferent - that story was never told, fortunately

Last edited:
Absolute nugget. He reminds me a little bit of Nathan Foley. Small, grunty, hard and cracks in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back