Preview Round 13 v Fremantle Optus Stadium Saturday June 10th 7.25pm - Baker 100th D.Rioli 150th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy is a massive out for them, bloke is beast.

See a few comments about the playing the kids, sadly none of them are really banging the door down. Reckon once finals are completely off the table (2 more losses) we will play the kids for the remainder of the year.

I think we have a big shot at winning this game. It's definitely going to be a difficult task but we play Optus Stadium well. Without two of their best ruck and midfielders, we might win the stoppage battle. I rate Nank and Ryan (yes, you read that correctly) as one of the best ruck combinations in the league now, not just at the ruck contest but moreso, around the ground. They can exploit this hole in Freo's weaponry.

I also feel, we were closer to finding the right balance for our forwardline last week. Jack had a week to remember but it Pickett who impressed me the most with his pressure, speed, marking and crumbing. He was dangerous which took pressure off Jack. If Flossy, Grimes and Broad all play, then I'll be confident that our backline holds up to their springboard delivery.

Looking forward to it.

Darcy is a massive out for them, bloke is beast.

See a few comments about the playing the kids, sadly none of them are really banging the door down. Reckon once finals are completely off the table (2 more losses) we will play the kids for the remainder of the year.
O'Meara also, he's been very good lately.
Reckon we can win this one. We're good in the west.

Don't like it. Young should've gone out for Vlastuin. Freo only have 2 tall forwards and they're not big boys. I dont see a match up for Young especially with Darcy out so no resting ruck.

same as always we overload in an area hoping to destroy the oppos in that area due to their weakness so in this case have some extra medium/talls to intercept or spoil every mark attempt so freo never get an i50. will see if it works this time has only worked 2 or 3 times since 2020

would of rested JR n Cotch and omitted Young on balance for this game and saved them for St.Kilda,2 interstate trips in a week ,if they pull this off and win tmr nite will be one of the best weeks in RFC history,odds are against them, but ?
Spot on, we win this week Cotch and Jack are rooted for next week.

With Pickett and Ross good midfield players you could have rested Cotch and brought in Tresize, Banks, Bauer Coulthard on the wing or move Ralphsmith there, no?

Just saw pictures of Hugo with the team at airport seriously how does he get a game over sonsie I’m bewildered looks like we are trying to ruin another career in sonsie

It's not Hugo that's keeping him out, who plays more so HBF and wing it's Mansell who Sonsie could replace and rotate through the midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong had no midfield though, Freo's young mids are very good. They are a miles better team than GWS who we conceded 70 odd entries to. They will also be fresh and we are on back to back interstate trips after a tough last quarter. I think this one gets ugly.
the other similarity is Cats had a 5 game winning streak. Dockers have won 4 on the trot, so players may be a fraction complacent, especially after the bye. I dont disagree with what you are saying though. We need to open up a sizable lead in the early stages.

Just saw pictures of Hugo with the team at airport seriously how does he get a game over sonsie I’m bewildered looks like we are trying to ruin another career in sonsie
If you read Morris' report from the VFL while he got plenty of touches they weren't happy with his game at all last week against GWS

If you read Morris' report from the VFL while he got plenty of touches they weren't happy with his game at all last week against GWS
Was pretty scathing

Was pretty scathing

Sonsie and Cumberland are held to a different standard to the rest.

Watch some of the others performances who have no impact, don't even get near the ball and then look at their positive comments each week.

Interesting development strategy to say the least to alienate two of your better younger players.

Sonsie and Cumberland are held to a different standard to the rest.

Watch some of the others performances who have no impact, don't even get near the ball and then look at their positive comments each week.

Interesting development strategy to say the least to alienate two of your better younger players.
Or perhaps they are not as good as you think they are?

Or perhaps they are not as good as you think they are?

No question they have gone backwards. But you don't deliver some of the performances they both did in the second half of last year at AFL level if they're no good.

Sonsie, Cumberland and Rioli Jr have all gone backwards and at a rate of knots. Our 3 best young players from last year.

You don't see the red flag with development there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back