Preview Round 14 v Saints MCG Saturday June 17th 7.25pm - Cotchin 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Best case scenario for us is that we win another 7 games, make the finals in 6th or 7th spot and then get kissed on the d* with 4 consecutive games at the MCG. We draw the Pies in the prelim and repay them for 2018. Then we get Port in the granny with Martin, Cotch & Jack turning back the clock and Lynch kicking a bag, while Dimma smokes a fat J in the stands as old man Hinkley cries into his Diet Coke

Hopper coming in doesnt necessarily improve us right now. Just means less midfield time for Prestia, Cotch, Martin. Which also forces all of Cotch, Prestia and Hopper to spend sometime forward, which doesnt help us. Hopper really needs to be replacing Prestia, which will happen in the next few seasons.

To make the 8, obviously we need to win this week, then I think it's season on the line against Brissy at the Gabba.
Hopper is comfortably better than Cotchin now. Martin has been playing mostly forward. Ideally Hopper starts in the middle and Cotchin comes on as sub.

makBest case scenario for us is that we win another 7 games,e the finals in 6th or 7th spot and then get kissed on the d* with 4 consecutive games at the MCG. We draw the Pies in the prelim and repay them for 2018. Then we get Port in the granny with Martin, Cotch & Jack turning back the clock and Lynch kicking a bag, while Dimma smokes a fat J in the stands as old man Hinkley cries into his Diet Coke
We are not making finals with 11.5 wins let alone 6th/7th
will be 13 wins plus good percentage this year with an extra game this season

any of those footballers you mention my preferred option would be Miller, young has been ok at first but like a lot of First season players they go off the boil after 6 or 8 games, it's a gruelling season. you have pumped his tyres up a little bit too much and his inflated stats mean nothing if he is leaking goals and is just a dour spoiler, time to give miller another crack down back. until gibcus or tarrant is ready and then reassess
Not really pumping him up, just stating why I believe he remains in the side. He's been very good defensively, not really losing a heap of 1-1 contests. Granted he wasn't that good last week and was rightfully subbed out, but he's played 9 career games and his playing an important role in our defensive structure that then allows better players around him to play their roles better.

If Gibcus was fit and ready, I'd say he'd be playing ahead of Young, but unfortunately that isn't looking likely at this stage, as he continues to battle hamstring issues. The slight pain we endure with Young now, will be worth it down the track IMO as he slips into a 3rd tall defender role once Grimes retires.

None of the available alternatives fill me with confidence that they can play the position as well as Young is, hence them being shifted up the ground.

Hopper coming in doesnt necessarily improve us right now. Just means less midfield time for Prestia, Cotch, Martin. Which also forces all of Cotch, Prestia and Hopper to spend sometime forward, which doesnt help us. Hopper really needs to be replacing Prestia, which will happen in the next few seasons.

To make the 8, obviously we need to win this week, then I think it's season on the line against Brissy at the Gabba.

inb4 cotchy retires sunday n hopper takes over after the bye

Ive seen a lot of people say we have a good run home, I dont see it. We will prob still need to win 8/10 from here. We play both Bulldogs and Saints at Marvel late in the year, they arent the sort of games we win. If we drop both we need to win every other game. That includes Brisi away, Port away, Melbourne. Then there is our obvious loss to North.

Its not an easy fixture at all

Bris away
Saints marvel
Dogs marvel
Dees
Port in Adel

The games we should win are Saints MCG, Swans MCG, Eagles away, North, hawks but we all know we seem to always drop the game against North who have a ******* hardon for us

Which gets rid of our need for percentage but we will need 13 wins and currently have 5

yep 8 out of next 10 makes us a certainty, 7 out of 10 and we're relying on results to go our way. Its going to be really tough - the positive is, if we do make it we will have well and truly earnt it and be in some pretty good form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's nice to dream but we cooked our season with losses from winnable spots against Suns, Bombers, Dogs, etc.

Pick up another win or 2 as we should have from those games and our season is well and truly alive, but we're too far gone now.

We have to be pretty flawless in our last 10 games to make finals and we just aren't that good without Lynch especially makes it almost impossible.

Best case scenario for us is that we win another 7 games, make the finals in 6th or 7th spot and then get kissed on the d* with 4 consecutive games at the MCG. We draw the Pies in the prelim and repay them for 2018. Then we get Port in the granny with Martin, Cotch & Jack turning back the clock and Lynch kicking a bag, while Dimma smokes a fat J in the stands as old man Hinkley cries into his Diet Coke
POTY mate. Please God, let it happen.
jean claude van damme dancing GIF

We are not making finals with 11.5 wins let alone 6th/7th
will be 13 wins plus good percentage this year with an extra game this season
We are on 5 wins + 1 draw
We need to get 12.5 wins so that makes 7 more
Percentage won’t make a difference for us unless we are fighting for a spot with the blues.

We are on 5 wins + 1 draw
We need to get 12.5 wins so that makes 7 more
Percentage won’t make a difference for us unless we are fighting for a spot with the blues.
Last year the bulldogs finished 8th with 12 wins and 108.9%
This year there is 1 extra game so will require 13 wins +% (for Richmond 13 wins and a draw)

Its not an easy fixture at all

Bris away
Saints marvel
Dogs marvel
Dees
Port in Adel

The games we should win are Saints MCG, Swans MCG, Eagles away, North, hawks but we all know we seem to always drop the game against North who have a ******* hardon for us

I'm trying to keep it one week (win ;)), at a time and hoping the teams above us lose. Every team has some hard games coming up as we do. We have won 3 from 4 interstate (the only away loss interstate was to the Swans in Adelaide). We have beaten Crows, Freo, and GWS away. We do have a good record at both the Gabba and AO

Just on North, they aint beating us at the G. Marvel different story lol

Last edited:
7-8 more wins for finals. With saints x 2, WC again, Swans again, north, hawks, dogs. Yeah I think we are doing ok. Either way we will finish high enough to make the Hopper trade worth it imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back