Preview Round 14 v Saints MCG Saturday June 17th 7.25pm - Cotchin 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive seen a lot of people say we have a good run home, I dont see it. We will prob still need to win 8/10 from here. We play both Bulldogs and Saints at Marvel late in the year, they arent the sort of games we win. If we drop both we need to win every other game. That includes Brisi away, Port away, Melbourne. Then there is our obvious loss to North.

I did the ladder predictor and pretty much we can’t drop the game v Saints and have to win at least one if not two of Lions at the Gabba, Melbourne at the MCG, Port Adelaide at AO and Western Bulldogs at MCG and have other results go our way.

It’s possible, but it’ll be difficult.

Sonsie replaces MRJ as an EMG:

Round 14, Richmond v St Kilda, Saturday, June 17, 7:25pm AEST, MCG

BacksNoah Balta21Dylan Grimes2Nathan Broad35
Half-BacksJayden Short15Nick Vlastuin1Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Tim Taranto14Jack Ross5
Half-ForwardsShai Bolton29Liam Baker7Jack Graham34
ForwardsSamson Ryan32Jack Riewoldt8Dustin Martin4
FollowersToby Nankervis25Trent Cotchin9Dion Prestia3
InterchangeTylar Young45Maurice Rioli10Ben Miller46
Judson Clarke42
EmergenciesHugo Ralphsmith13Sam Banks41Tyler Sonsie40
Ivan Soldo20
Interchange of Young, Rioli, Miller and Clarke has alarm bells all over it. On current form, all are in that bottom 4 team calibre. Why Young and Miller? Two plodders with serious game deficiencies. Surely one is enough. I guess that's where we are at ATM. Would hope they both aren't down back at the same time - if so, the team flood back will need to be the game plan.
Clarke and Rioli can go missing for large chunks of game time. But getting game time in is important as especially Clarke, he is coming on nicely - just needs another 15-20 games.

Interchange of Young, Rioli, Miller and Clarke has alarm bells all over it. On current form, all are in that bottom 4 team calibre. Why Young and Miller? Two plodders with serious game deficiencies. Surely one is enough. I guess that's where we are at ATM. Would hope they both aren't down back at the same time - if so, the team flood back will need to be the game plan.
Clarke and Rioli can go missing for large chunks of game time. But getting game time in is important as especially Clarke, he is coming on nicely - just needs another 15-20 games.
Really highlights our lack of depth is all.

I did the ladder predictor and pretty much we can’t drop the game v Saints and have to win at least one if not two of Lions at the Gabba, Melbourne at the MCG, Port Adelaide at AO and Western Bulldogs at MCG and have other results go our way.

It’s possible, but it’ll be difficult.
I suppose if we can’t do that, we don’t deserve finals anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MRJ getting gifted another name is an absolute fu@ken disgrace! The only thing he's learning from this year is that sh!t performances will be rewarded with swift promotion. Well he's played 9 hot garbage games across all forms this year so he must be due a half decent one. Maybe 2 goals 10 touches (6 effective) against the Saints will be enough to ensure he plays out the season in the ones, then again doubt he's capable of half that. It's sad when the memory of Castagna is now looking like Pamela Anderson by comparison to our current crop of small forwards.

Clarke is surely due a breakout game. 20-25 touches and 3 goals 🤞

doable. We've won 4 of the last 6. Lynch and Hopper to come back in....

Hopper coming in doesnt necessarily improve us right now. Just means less midfield time for Prestia, Cotch, Martin. Which also forces all of Cotch, Prestia and Hopper to spend sometime forward, which doesnt help us. Hopper really needs to be replacing Prestia, which will happen in the next few seasons.

To make the 8, obviously we need to win this week, then I think it's season on the line against Brissy at the Gabba.

Anywhere u like lower deck Just walk past attendant with bucket a chips one hand beer the other , tuck wallet under chin , say I know where I’m sitting ,,, straight thru ,, every time
Or walk through with a blindfold on

We wont be making finals guys chances are this year will require min 13 wins plus percentage or in our case 8 more wins from 11 games
We have a draw.

Can’t fathom how Maurice Rioli (who I love by the way) who was average at best at VFL level last week gets in the side before Banks who has performed fairly consistently for the best part of 12 months.

Brushed off the cobwebs in the resises last week he'll be better for it. It's a simple equation, MRJ replaces Mansell and provides that forward half pressure that he is renowned for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back