AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Your ANZAC Day Medallist - 25/4

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if it'll be one of those Waugh twin scenarios where one is getting elevated and the other dropped...
I'm probably his biggest fan but Jacko will be nowhere near as good as Mark Waugh. 8000 test runs is nothing to sneeze at.

I couldn't decide who I wanted out of Merrett and Daniher to captain this game. I think there is something appealing about the idea of Daniher going out here to shake hands and call the coin toss. I can't put my finger on exactly why but I feel like it would add a certain level of humour to our games.

In seriousness i think both those 2 have been our young leaders that have really stood up throughout the entire season and are both excellent representatives of our club. Wish Zac all the best and perhaps its for the best as its probably easier for him to consistently impact the game as opposed to Daniher up forward with limited supply right now.

Firstly congrats to him,

But was saying "I think Dyson is the man for next year" saying a little bit too much considering our captain is still Jobe?

Firstly congrats to him,

But was saying "I think Dyson is the man for next year" saying a little bit too much considering our captain is still Jobe?
Heard this too and thought does the club must know something they're not telling Either Jobes not coming back, or he's told them he won't be Captain if he does.

I can't see Jobe wanting the captaincy if he does come back. If he was really wanting to lead everybody I think his intention to play on would have been made known long before now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want Jobe to return. He and Heppell are both great leaders. Think it will go to Hepp though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back