Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma

Remove this Banner Ad

Annie Potts GIF by Ghostbusters

I’ve been most impressed with his cleanliness at ground level.

This was my biggest concern with him as a prospect. He got a lot of ball from marks and handball receives, and could be prone to fumbling below his knees

More than improve, he was so bloody clean with his ground ball gets yesterday and it looked like a strength if anything.

This was my biggest concern with him as a prospect. He got a lot of ball from marks and handball receives, and could be prone to fumbling below his knees

More than improve, he was so bloody clean with his ground ball gets yesterday and it looked like a strength if anything.
It’s like he has the ball on a string. Very one-touch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need Duursma to start building synergy with Brayden George asap.
Just not enough contested marking power up forward. They’re the future together.
++ Sheezel

Commentary team likened him to a young Fyfe who was skinny initially

Makes you think if he fills out could be a dominant mid like fyfe
Our midfield probably needs that to happen. I'd liken Z more to James Hird. Supremely balanced, clean hands and excellent all round athleticism.

#1 ranked rookie of the round (by a fair distance) according to AFL Ratings and Champion Data relative to his position.

They had him as the third best mid forward of the round, behind Zac Bailey and Rowbottom.

loved his floating across the packs for marks. Seems like this might be our go to from kickouts, nice if we actually have someone to mark out of defence for a change

I forgot how wonderful it is to have a player that is reliably strong overhead 1 on 1 or in a pack. We've not seen much of this since Waite / Petrie / Majak outside of a Larkey purple patch or two in that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back