Delisted # 8: Martin Gleeson - Not offered a contract, finishes his Essendon career on 97 AFL games

Remove this Banner Ad

Well.... wrote him off when he was dropped but this has been a fantastic turn around in form.

You need improvement to make finals and he's certainly one of the reasons we're coming hard at the final 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy has gone from whipping boy to key player to our side.

His intercept is key to us going through the middle in attack, bomber thompson fooled us all!

A player with the body of a 12 year old, playing with the confidence of a 2 meter, 100 kilo player.
Bang on the money, by gee he has turned into some sort of a footballer... Set the tone early and set up the game up for us tonight. I think St.Kilda tried to exploit him and probably seen him as our 'weak link'... How wrong they were!

On CPH1607 using BigFooty.com mobile app

August 7th 2016, everyone thought I was crazy :p

He is playing so well and I'm all of surprised, humbled and pleased right now.

One of the better defenders in the comp, though? Nah. Wouldn't say you're vindicated mate :). He'd have to be shutting down Riewoldt or Buddy or Cameron plus doing what he is doing to be in that category. Take nothing away from him, though. Was superb tonight.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

I feel like people have been saying this every game he has played since coming in which shows just how great he has been.
Maybe...but can only vouch for myself and I have been pretty reserved re Gleeson and his future.

That was by some distance the best I have ever seen him play.

He is playing so well and I'm all of surprised, humbled and pleased right now.

One of the better defenders in the comp, though? Nah. Wouldn't say you're vindicated mate :). He'd have to be shutting down Riewoldt or Buddy or Cameron plus doing what he is doing to be in that category. Take nothing away from him, though. Was superb tonight.

He is definitely one of the better defenders at the moment. Intercept marking and rebounding has been unbelievable.

Anyone shutting down Riewoldt, Buddy and Cameron would be the best defender/player in the league.

He is definitely one of the better defenders at the moment. Intercept marking and rebounding has been unbelievable.

Anyone shutting down Riewoldt, Buddy and Cameron would be the best defender/player in the league.

I said "or" not "and". No KPD is doing the latter ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back