Delisted # 8: Martin Gleeson - Not offered a contract, finishes his Essendon career on 97 AFL games

Remove this Banner Ad

put him on the LTI list!

now who is in the rookie list worth getting unrealistic hopes up about?
Cat A Rookies don't need to be upgraded, so it's just the Cat B rookies... which I think is only Lavender at this point? Possibly also McNiece unless he was transferred to the Category A list or upgraded or something (I don't remember).

The bye week is the week after he gets out of the moon boot... suspect it will take a little longer to build up fitness and game time before playing seniors.
Yes, he'll be doing very little fitness work while he's in the boot so he'll need quite a few weeks to get fit enough for the seniors. They have that arm thingy for a bit of cardio while they're off their feet but I suspect you can only get so much out of that.

12 weeks before he’s even out of a boot? Dear lord. :(

Will basically be a non-factor for this season you’d think. Such a shame considering the level he took his game to last year, and was poised to only get better.

So in the moon boot until week before the bye, probably 2 weeks until he plays VFL against Casey, maybe 3 games there before seniors (Against Fremantle)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't think we would miss him this much.

Our best mark in defence by a long shot.

Did you watch last season??? Brown sucks, Dea is average at best, Hartley tried but isn’t quite good enough and Hurley can’t mark the ball in his hands anymore. Anyone who thought Gleeson wasn’t going to be a big hole was kidding themself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, he'll be doing very little fitness work while he's in the boot so he'll need quite a few weeks to get fit enough for the seniors. They have that arm thingy for a bit of cardio while they're off their feet but I suspect you can only get so much out of that.
The grinder. They also have a ski erg which is kinda like cross country skiing for your arms. Can box, swim, and deep water running too. Still, you're right, that'll only take you so far.

My boy will be back just after the bye round and all of a sudden our defense will look better again.

Most of you have not realised how important he is across the half back line. Works very hard to block a lot of the midfields *ups.

Marty Gleeson has been placed on our Long Term Injury List.

Read » bombe.rs/2r3qm7N

#DonTheSash

This seems odd, given the fridge’s season ending injury
Depends on when the paperwork had to be in by, maybe it needed to be in before they had Fridge's results

Does this mean Lavender is in the squad?

Depends on when the paperwork had to be in by, maybe it needed to be in before they had Fridge's results

It means that any time in the next min. 8? weeks they can upgrade a Cat B rookie if they want to. They would have had to do it now to avoid a situation like with Myers last year where he healed faster than the minimum time for being on the LTI list and then had to sit out a week before being put back on the senior list (when he was actually fit to play).

Might work out for Lavender (currently also injured?) or possibly McNiece (depending if he's still Cat B or if they moved him to the Cat A rookie list), although I don't think Lavender is anywhere close to senior selection. He's played one VFL game... ever.

yeah that makes sense, but what am I supposed to do with all this outrage I have?

yeah that makes sense, but what am I supposed to do with all this outrage I have?
There are plenty of examples around you can follow, may I suggest the game preview thread for all your throwing the baby out with bathwater needs.

It means that any time in the next min. 8? weeks they can upgrade a Cat B rookie if they want to. They would have had to do it now to avoid a situation like with Myers last year where he healed faster than the minimum time for being on the LTI list and then had to sit out a week before being put back on the senior list (when he was actually fit to play).

Might work out for Lavender (currently also injured?) or possibly McNiece (depending if he's still Cat B or if they moved him to the Cat A rookie list), although I don't think Lavender is anywhere close to senior selection. He's played one VFL game... ever.
I think he is Cat B and will play.

My boy is the best intercept player on the team due to the fact he both intercepts and attacks instinctively. Hooker is better at cutting off kicks but is too slow moving the ball.

Hopefully this injury won't have any long term effects. Is very important to our backline going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back