Delisted # 8: Martin Gleeson - Not offered a contract, finishes his Essendon career on 97 AFL games

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez that third tall position is cursed at our club...
Hibberd - gone
Carlisle - gone
Francis - may never play
Hooker - moved forward
Ridley - injured
Gleeson - injured

The biggest shame about Francis is his best position, and the easiest position for him to play well, use his strengths and ease himself into AFL footy is literally just sitting there idle for him...

What is Redman like overhead?

I'm glad it wasn't an achilles though. They just need to give him plenty of time to recover. If he's able to get back around the bye, then play a few reserves matches at least he would be well and truly back by finals time. The only thing that will be dire is if we rush him back too soon and he gets re-injured.

We probably will end up using Brown/Dea a bit but I'm really optimistic for Ridley who shouldn't be out for too long. Ridley might be a valid option by about round 4 or 5 once he's got a few matches under his belt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez that third tall position is cursed at our club...
Hibberd - gone
Carlisle - gone
Francis - may never play
Hooker - moved forward
Ridley - injured
Gleeson - injured

The biggest shame about Francis is his best position, and the easiest position for him to play well, use his strengths and ease himself into AFL footy is literally just sitting there idle for him...

What is Redman like overhead?
Probably his biggest weakness.

How’d you go at Qooty this week? Did you sleep with the sim and not call her the next day?

I do not talk about that here.

Awful news but blind Freddy could see it was more than a rolled ankle.

I wonder though if this could be the catalyst for a backline restructure which would see Hooker go back.

Sorry for the dumb question but when they estimate "return after the bye" do they main to playing games or full training?

Either way I assume he would need to get form in the VFL, get all his confidence back, match fitness etc etc etc.

If he plays some good footy in the seniors this year its probably a good result even if its only the last few games.

Having said that I would like to think we are playing well enough down back for him to have to seriously earn his spot back, as much as that sucks for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back