Senior 9. Patrick Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly I was amazed he even got to having that shot or some of the other touches he had late, including a surprisingly beautiful long pass to CHF, because that lad looked absolutely tanked by that point. I think he was running on nothing but willpower pretty much.

Interesting Cripps last night said he had grown 5cm since getting to the club.
Considering he was 192-193 when drafted that makes him 197-198.
Could be true considering how he dwarfed Curnow in the interview after the game last week.

Interesting Cripps last night said he had grown 5cm since getting to the club.
Considering he was 192-193 when drafted that makes him 197-198.
Could be true considering how he dwarfed Curnow in the interview after the game last week.
Pretty sure he said he was 190cm when got to the club and has grown 5cm and now stands at 195cm

At 20 yrs 6 months he was the same height as Hogan, who is 195cm.

CrippsRisingStarFeatureArticle.jpg

Look out Harry.. Screenshot_20180421-114310.jpg

"Circumstance has no value. It is how one relates to a situation that has value. All true meaning resides in the personal relationship to a phenomenon, what it means to you"

who are the other possibilities for this years charlie cripps medal?
Anyone else, Cripps will be suspended for being in the area when Swallow knocked himself out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't heard a single commentator or writer suggest that Paddy will get suspended. During the call yesterday, as I recall, the commentaters were unanimous that he's got nothing to worry about.

IMO, looking at the replay a couple of times, the action that lead to Swallow getting knocked out looked fairly innocous, there was no follow-through on the part of Paddy as both players fell towards the turf and it would be easy to argue of 'collateral damage' at the tribunal.

Having said that, this is the AFL we're talking about, so 3-4 weeks, a $5,000 fine and 100 hours community work :p

Mitchell, Higgins, Gawn

It's amazing he's even in the conversation in a 2-win team. That'll be what makes it impossible I think.... potential 3-vote performances will get 1 or none because the team has been flogged (understandable to some extent).

Feels like somewhat open race though. Not gonna be a 30-vote winner this year like the past few dominant showings by Fyfe, Danger, Dusty.

who are the other possibilities for this years charlie cripps medal?

Not very often players get the 2 or 3 votes in the brownlow when their side gets flogged by 10 goals, this will hurt his chances. Definite smoky chance though if umpires just look at his games.

Coaches MVP is a massive chance, probably only needs 2 more best ons (should get 10 for Saturday night)

I don't watch a lot of you guys for obvious reasons, however its hard not to be impressed by Cripps.

I has thought he was more of a physical bull type of player but the more i see of him the more its obvious he is significantly more then that. Strong, tough, terrifically skilled and smart midfielder.

I don't watch a lot of you guys for obvious reasons, however its hard not to be impressed by Cripps.

I has thought he was more of a physical bull type of player but the more i see of him the more its obvious he is significantly more then that. Strong, tough, terrifically skilled and smart midfielder.
He's significantly improved his kicking, which was one of his few major weaknesses. Will never be a laser bullet, elite type kick or kick too many freakish snaps around his body or anything, but I feel pretty safe when he has it either to handball or to kick.

Actually I remember a few weeks ago whoever it was against, when he kicked that running helicopter goal on the run, the amount of quick ground he made up to get from the center to past the 50m line really surprised me.

Broke the record for contested possessions in a home and away season, set by Dangerfield last year. What a champion!

Never seen a player carry a team so much. I know Judd did it for us, but it feels Crippa has had to do even more.

Freak. Will have a Brownlow around his neck at the end of 2019

We'll have to win a few more games for that to happen I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back