Player Watch #9 Will Hayward

Remove this Banner Ad

OJ091219MW2517.JPG

Will Hayward
Spritely Sydney Swans forward Will Hayward enjoyed a rocketing start to his career as he became the 11th-youngest player in the AFL era to reach 50 career goals in 2018. The 2016 draftee’s nippy pace and cunning goal awareness have made him a dangerous option in coach John Longmire’s forward line. A broken jaw and a persistent hip injury limited Hayward to just 12 goals in 13 senior games in 2019, but the South Australian is attacking the 2020 campaign on the back of his first full pre-season. Don’t be surprised if the exciting Swan finds himself on a wing this year.

Will Hayward
DOB: 26 October 1998
DEBUT: 2017
DRAFT: #21, 2016 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Walkerville (SA)/North Adelaide (SANFL)

With Fox up forward and Heeney in the midfield, Hayward gets that little bit more license and a shot at getting some big bucks on his contract.

Going to be kicking a few more I think.

Hopefully we're a good chance as he's still coming on tbh. Club doing the right thing by him too

I don't know where to put this post atm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hayward interest from rival clubs. If one of the main five out of contract for us has to go, it'd have to be Hayward. Would be good if he stays.

We win our first game of the year and one of the first things they want to talk about is who can poach one of the best players on the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the way Hayward plays and every team would love a second midsize forward of his quality.

In saying that, he would definitely sit in our second or third rung of contracts. If someone is willing to pay him top dollar then you couldn't blame him for leaving.

Can't find it now but on Twitter a while back someone asked the question who we'd be most OK with losing out of the five main out of contract players, and my god the results were ugly for Hayward and to a lesser extent Florent.

Let's hope the list managers can find a way so we don't have to lose ANY of them.

Can't find it now but on Twitter a while back someone asked the question who we'd be most OK with losing out of the five main out of contract players, and my god the results were ugly for Hayward and to a lesser extent Florent.

Let's hope the list managers can find a way so we don't have to lose ANY of them.
and much harder to keep all our premiership players

The only issue is when he gets a bit wonky shooting for goal, otherwise he does his job week in a week out, think every second page I have said he is not a star, but he does his role.

Continue to do that, is 25, can keep improving , and plays taller than he is.

I quite enjoy watching him play when he is on.

If, as reported, we're interested in Zurhaar, does that mean we're worried that Hayward is a chance to leave? Cornes (I know, he's a dick) did say that he'd love to see Will play midfield, acknowledged that won't happen with us, and that he'd have to leave foe this to happen. Plus he's been plugging him big time lately. Port Adelaide sniffing around me thinks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back