Preview Round 9: Swans vs Fremantle (and SCG Family Sing-a-Long)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we could just pick someone from outside the emergency list like we did two weeks ago.

I can’t see Gus being the sub - it’d mean he wouldn’t have played a full game in nearly a month.

And if Sheather has bone bruising, I’m a bit surprised he’s even listed as an emergency.

It’d be crazy to pick McAndrew as the sub.

Which kinda leaves Dylan as the logical choice.
Sheather is playing in the reserves.

Chance of a reasonable shower now during the 1-4pm slot. More chance after 4pm.

Will come from the south.
< 5mm at 70%.

Surely Sydney gets a covered footy and cricket stadium in the middle of Royal Randwick which would also get a retractable banner roof over the track.

Papley's 150th this weekend.

Last time we won a milestone game: 3 May 1952. Swans 14.17.101 def Richmond 12.9.81 at Lake Oval.

Glad to see we lacked accuracy even back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gould and Melican both struggle with the idea of staying near an opponent
Melican wasn't like that before he injured his knee playing for us. So I don't criticize him for it. Guy was on a very high trajectory before that IMO.
Like Tippet when he was playing ruck for us - was going close to AA that year IMO, got injured in our shirt and has copped non stop crap off so called Swans fans ever since.

Melican wasn't like that before he injured his knee playing for us. So I don't criticize him for it. Guy was on a very high trajectory before that IMO.
Like Tippet when he was playing ruck for us - was going close to AA that year IMO, got injured in our shirt and has copped non stop crap off so called Swans fans ever since.

He was always poor at marking his man imo

Im surprised he is still on the list

He was always poor at marking his man imo

Im surprised he is still on the list
Wasn't brilliant but lost his speed off the mark post injury which had covered for it. Was contracted and surely heading for the exit this year until both McCartins now at risk. Must be odds on to sign a new 1 yr deal now at a fringe 22 player rate.

So many woulda coulda shouldas when it comes to our KPD stocks in recent memory with Paddy obviously looking the most promising but with some unfortunate risk. AA the most painful one.

I think the recruiters realise they can't hope for the perfect KPD out there like a Steven May.

Can we all give Gould a full game before writing him off as a “I told you so” dud? He has only had 2 sub appearances. 1 against someone he shouldn’t have been playing on where the midfield was doing Sfa defensive pressure and the other as just a sub.

Even if he has a dud full game this week, it’s still too early to write him off.
All the while players like Stephens has many opportunities but still underperforms but it’s all “let’s give him time”.

I feel Gould is getting a rough deal around here

Can we all give Gould a full game before writing him off as a “I told you so” dud? He has only had 2 sub appearances. 1 against someone he shouldn’t have been playing on where the midfield was doing Sfa defensive pressure and the other as just a sub.

Even if he has a dud full game this week, it’s still too early to write him off.
All the while players like Stephens has many opportunities but still underperforms but it’s all “let’s give him time”.

I feel Gould is getting a rough deal around here

Its the coaches that dont have confidence in him you will find most on here want Gould to have a crack at it.

We gave plenty of games to Bell.

I hope both Gould and Francis get a run of games where they play in the same position. No better time than now to find out if they’re up to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back