Preview Round 9: Swans vs Fremantle (and SCG Family Sing-a-Long)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully T-Mac is ok, quite concerning if still feeling the effects of the Port concussion, that is weeks ago.

Keen to see Gould play a full game, we have only seen 3/4’s of a game.

Takes the KPP a bit more to get accustomed to the speed of the game and I like his hardness and spunk.

Hope he gives a good account of himself.

Richmond lost 4 in a row if I recall correctly?
Including one by 80?
Haha clutching!! In fairness, we turned the tide i thought v Pies, expecting us to continue to build on that display.

But we are are fair way away from being a top 4 side as we were last year.

Gould had trimmed down last year but looks overweight to me (trade toEagles)

Melican was encouraged to seek other opportunities last year. No interest and for good reason. He is injury prone and void of footy smarts.

To put it mildly we are stuffed.
Dew says hi. Gould was a big boy in his draft year too but he absolutely rinsed the comp. Problem with what I've seen so far from him is that he doesn't looked to have progressed at all. He looks the same player he was when we drafted him. Same speed, same strength, same fitness. If he progressed he'd be unreal.

No better match for him to play a full game. Crap forward line but not a horrendous side. We'll get a very good look at him here. Will be keeping an eye on how close he can get to his man at the contest and how gassed he looks after each effort. At the least hope he's mature enough to get a few intercepts and kickstart a few slingshots. Thats bare minimum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should not be playing League football with that body shape. Looks unfit. Is unfit. Might be able to get away with it in the seconds but not at this level. Looks gassed every time he gives an effort.
If “that body shape” precluded being a footy player, Shannon Hurn would have never managed a game.

Having said that - it’s evident the Swans don’t rate him & I’ll keep keeping a close eye on the stamina factor.

The side looks more balanced now. Still some holes but a vastly different side that got pants by Geelong and better side than last week.

I'm positive from here.
I agree with you.
If the opposition has a small forward line.
Not something I'd field vs Brisbane or Geelong.

Good to see gould get a fair shot. Hope he gets a few games to showcase his talents.

Glad ruck jesus is back, great timing with ladhams injured.

Sam Switkowski worries me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back