A-League 2018/19 - Round One

How excited are we?

• Can't be bothered with it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Always silly playing the derby first round, always takes two rounds to blow off the cobwebs and see the skill shine through. On balance though city had the better of the game, they looked more in control on the ball while victory just threw the kitchen sink. Penalty call was right, you see those calls paid all over the pitch, the foul wasn't in question rather where it took place.

Always silly playing the derby first round, always takes two rounds to blow off the cobwebs and see the skill shine through. On balance though city had the better of the game, they looked more in control on the ball while victory just threw the kitchen sink. Penalty call was right, you see those calls paid all over the pitch, the foul wasn't in question rather where it took place.
The foul was absolutely in question! I’m actually blown away that anyone could even think that was a foul.

The ref and Fornaroli can both gagf!

Seriously How do you reward an obvious dive with a freekick and then upgrade it to a penalty? Thought the VAR was suppose to eliminate diving campaigners not reward them! ******* joke!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they got all the cameras fair enough i say. come on your going to get some go your way or have had many gone you way over the years

You telling me you can see a foul? please point to where?

It’s just Frustrating like I mentioned in a post above the VAR was suppose to eliminate the diving not reward it!

the ref could have overturned the freekick he had enough time to assess the footage and realise he made a mistake instead he rewards the cheating diving scum with a penalty. Gutless!

And yes I know we where fortunate in last seasons GF due to the VAR not working at the time, that was massive stuff up on a different level. But after seeing how good and fluient the VAR worked at the World Cup it just tells me the refs here are the problem not the system.

Last edited:
im ok if there was contact, if thats the explanation.
Then why did the ref not award free kicks to both sides at every contest during the game?

Haha matches will never finish if even a slight touch is deemed a freekick! The A-League FFA whatever are just trying to justify it somehow but again it’s only making them look like a bunch of incompetent knobs!!

If we can stay fit this season including Ola I think we can do some real damage. Honda looked next level already and I'd say he's still a fair way off 100%.
I'll be interested to see how he goes when the weather warms up and teams start hacking him. Did look good though.

Back