Toast A Positive place for Crows fans to rejoice in what is an exciting time

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives for me are Jones, Hamill, Doedee, McAsey.

McAdam and McPherson look comfortable at the level and should also get better with experience. I am also positive about Worrell, Schoenberg, Gollant even though they haven't debuted yet.

I will be really positive when Chapman, Riccuito, Fagan are moved on and are replaced by competent individuals.

Lastly I am positive about our draft picks. If we nail every one of them which we will need to I expect 2021 will be a better year.

The force is strong with Hamill
source.gif

I've had a Sainter mate of mine giving me a bit of stick lately - Fair enough too

I ended a recent text exchange with 'Now I know what it's like to be a Saint/Blue/Demon fan and looking forward to the draft by July

He snapped back very quickly "You don't know a damn thing about what it's like to follow the Saints"

he is probably right

That's my positive - We aren't St Kilda

From a philosophical point, the positive is that we're flunking in a year where not many footy fans would really care, as a lot of us are preoccupied with family matters and survival mode. So I guess in a twisted way, bottoming out this year won't hurt as much as any other previous AFL years.

From a team perspective, I find it refreshing to see so many young faces at any given time in our club history (apart from the inaugural year). Players like Hamill, Jones, McCasey, Ned have shown glimpses that we might have some light at the end of the tunnel. Then there's Butts, Sholl, Schoenberg and a few other untried kids to look forward to in AFL duties, hopefully sometime this year.

Hamill in particular has really taken me by surprise. He definitely looks the goods and not shy to use his speed and agility, good on ya lad! Probably the best start to a Crows AFL career since Milera had me all pumped!
(possibly play of the decade @1:30)
https://www.afc.com.au/news/742816/vote-smith-earns-goal-of-the-year-nomination (Hamill in between the chain of play, but very reminiscent of Milera's speed and elusiveness)

Want to see more of Fog combining with Frampton, and inflicting some opposition bruises!

... he was chasing the ball into the d50 and went to ground, trapped the ball, spun and dished of a handball out to a free player all in the blink of an eye.
ATTENTION, Matt Crouch: Hamill knew Smith was there, because he spun out back to him.
It's called awareness. Like those new jocks, Matt, GET SOME.

Last edited:
Remember this guy is an AA bnf winner. He's a good footballer just out of form.
Was. I remember. In the same way that I was a huge Mrouch fan.
Was AA and a BnF winner, which I respect greatly. Was a terrific footballer, who impacted games. Out of form? I don't know what it is. I've watched him closely since the break --- he still amasses disposals but just does not do enough with them, does not create.
However, this is a positive thread, so here's my positive take on Mrouch --- and I mean it :) --- everything that made him AA and BnF is still there, inside, somewhere, and I'd love it if he found it again this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he will end up at the Tigers with Dusty and Prestia playing along side him, he may even get an AA playing eith their list like our 2017 list

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's an interesting point. In a good side with some decent outside runners, MCrouch could still be very useful. Our problem is we don't have elite outside runners, and are too concerned with what the opposition are doing - it's sort of a defensive mindset to begin with, rather than starting with the idea that we'll get the ball first.

It’s not like we’re in an awful position list wise. We have youngsters such as Hamill, McAsey, Fog , Milera , Doedee , Schoenberg , McPherson , O’Brien, Jones and McHenry.

We just need to play these youngsters and not have players who won’t have a future be in the team.

The other value thing is to nail the draft and move on ‘some’ older players. There’s no point chucking young players in the deep end with experience surrounding them.

We can't get any worse, so the only way from here is up, eventually!!!

Can we at least try it? It might not work out but I can't believe they've never once tried Brown as a midfielder at Adelaide.

He'd be interesting as a defensive forward - though our stocks of genuine small defenders is pretty limited.

A nice feelgood story about Andrew McPherson.

Nice one, thanks for sharing. Clearly we've always intended playing the long game with him from the moment he was recruited (interesting hearing Steve Saunders mention that they thought he's be at least an 18 month prospect to get his body right). Good on him.

The other takeaway from that story is Tommy Doedee - there should be no doubt he's our next captain. He's everyting I want our club to be going forward - professional, highly capable and genuine as f***.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back