Toast A Positive place for Crows fans to rejoice in what is an exciting time

Remove this Banner Ad

A nice feelgood story about Andrew McPherson.

Looks a quality kid. Maybe some silver lining here in seeing rewards for being willing to invest in top shelf expertise (Saunders).

On a side note, i keep hearing about Doedee's maturity & leadership, but being overseas haven't got to see much of it first hand. He came across really well in that clip - cant think of many that have been more impressive at that age. Between that and his captains game this weekend theres definitely a bright spot in a pretty bleak year.

Well maybe I am Carlton-fan level delusional but...reasons to be cheerful:
  1. The team played better, for longer. Straight kicking in the third quarter and we nearly win.
  2. Doedee has shaken the rust out and played an outstanding Captain's game
  3. Great work from Keays - has the right attitude & showed some fight. Who says you can't find value in delisted players?
  4. RoB was far better than hit outs to advantage stats show. Poor clearance work let him down, and he was outstanding around the ground.
  5. Shane McAdam showed more.
  6. Far better games from Tex, Lynch, Laird, and Seedsman (who actually put his head over the ball)

McPherson another good game, best of the rookies.

I'm starting to see what people saw in McAdam, seems to be able to play a bit taller than his height suggests, whilst be ok at ground level.

McPherson looks bloody great; super composed and smart. Good to have a recent draftee (other than Fog) with some size too.

McAdam looks ok but lacks composure, seems to run around like a madman and being unable to score with that shot after the siren is a concern for a 25yo. He’s got pace though - definitely worth persisting with.

McPherson looks bloody great; super composed and smart. Good to have a recent draftee (other than Fog) with some size too.

McAdam looks ok but lacks composure, seems to run around like a madman and being unable to score with that shot after the siren is a concern for a 25yo. He’s got pace though - definitely worth persisting with.
He might be 25 but he's still a kid in AFL terms.

Well maybe I am Carlton-fan level delusional but...reasons to be cheerful:
  1. The team played better, for longer. Straight kicking in the third quarter and we nearly win.
  2. Doedee has shaken the rust out and played an outstanding Captain's game
  3. Great work from Keays - has the right attitude & showed some fight. Who says you can't find value in delisted players?
  4. RoB was far better than hit outs to advantage stats show. Poor clearance work let him down, and he was outstanding around the ground.
  5. Shane McAdam showed more.
  6. Far better games from Tex, Lynch, Laird, and Seedsman (who actually put his head over the ball)

Had Tex been awarded that mark and kicked a goal, the Saints panic may have set in, like how they choked to the Dockers.

I think we can roll Essendon on Sunday and I have bet against the Crows every game this season, never really gave us a chance in any game so far.

I quite liked what Laird was able to offer as a forward this week. It could be interesting to give him even more forward rotations.

Last edited:
So I was told a bit of an interesting story today.

Apparently Nicks was told upfront that he would be signing onto a basket case and the expectation was that he would have 3 years to work out which players he wants to keep and which players he wants to discard. The expectation from the board is that by 3 years Nicks will have had sufficient time work out what players he wants and have gone to the draft to get the players he wants to succeed. This also applies to coaches and staff.

This comes from a person heavily involved in footy and well connected to people on the board.

it didn't come from the same guy who told me Aish was coming to Adelaide from Brisbane.😅🤣

Last edited:

Apparently Nicks was told upfront that he would be signing onto a basket case and the expectation was that he would have 3 years to work out which players he wants to keep and which players he wants to discard. The expectation from the board is that by 3 years Nicks will have had sufficient time work out what players he wants and have gone to the draft to get the players he wants to succeed. This also applies to coaches and staff.

This comes from a person heavily involved in footy and well connected to people on the board.

it didn't come from the same guy who told me Aish was coming to Adelaide from Brisbane.😅🤣
I hope that's true. Makes sense IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have thought that would be the only conditions any coach would take the job on

Thanks for sharing

However in February we gave Luke Brown a 3 year extension, taking him until the end of 2023 at which point he will be 31. If the above were true then shouldn’t Nicks have had the chance to watch the team play before committing?

Thanks for sharing

However in February we gave Luke Brown a 3 year extension, taking him until the end of 2023 at which point he will be 31. If the above were true then shouldn’t Nicks have had the chance to watch the team play before committing?
Nick's could have okayed it? 3 years for a proven back pocket with no material change in form since he started probably an easy one to lock away?

Or what I was told is wrong. Couldn't tell you the answer to that

Nick's could have okayed it? 3 years for a proven back pocket with no material change in form since he started probably an easy one to lock away?

Or what I was told is wrong. Couldn't tell you the answer to that
I would think most likely Nicks knows we are a broken group in need of rebuilding, and has a reasonable window to get us cohesive again.

But that doesn’t extend to Nicks being in charge of list management.

Thanks for sharing

He'd have seen plenty of Brown over the years. Little question on his floor/ceiling.

Coming in he'd have started with a big keep/delist? list, a smaller keep/trade list, then a list of good soldiers that you keep while you're sorting out those first two. They dont cost a ton and help the kids develop. If things go well, in the 3rd year of that deal theres a kid taking his spot.

I would think most likely Nicks knows we are a broken group in need of rebuilding, and has a reasonable window to get us cohesive again.

But that doesn’t extend to Nicks being in charge of list management.
He may not be in charge of total list management, but he would have a say on players he wants and doesn't and that view would have weight.

Hartigan is named HFF but surely he is CHF if he is on that line at all. I reckon he is a smart footballer in terms of his positioning and that's why he and Talia combine so well when the ball is coming in. He bites off more than he can chew when kicking out of the backlines - but having goalposts to aim at might simplify things, and I'll be interested to see how he goes.

Last edited:
Ag
Best part of this year, from a positive angle, is that I no longer feel any morning jitters on Game Day.

Agreed. I'm only vaguely keeping track of when games are actually on.

Had Tex been awarded that mark and kicked a goal, the Saints panic may have set in, like how they choked to the Dockers.

I think we can roll Essendon on Sunday and I have bet against the Crows every game this season, never really gave us a chance in any game so far.

You got close....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back