Aaron Fiora's Screamer

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL reaction=No jumping for a mark to be introduced for 08

lol

I haven't seen fiora squib at st kilda.

I know he had a 'rep' at richmond, that seems to cloud everything he achieves, but GT put some iron into him IMO.

did the same to plapp. sadly plapp had his back cracked for him standing up to a mark a couple of years back, finishing his career just when he was running into form.

for some reason saints players were willing to put their bodies on the line for GT on the playing field. RL maybe able to get something similar if he can get a few more on the park.

Wasn't really so much a screamer - he didn't jump that high and had his legs taken out from under him. Landing was pretty spectacular though.

And dan - the number of marks Fiora has dropped (while playing for St Kilda) because of footsteps, the number of times he's reached contests second because he doesn't want to put his body on the line - I think he's the biggest squib we've got. Should be dropped ASAP.

Wasn't really so much a screamer - he didn't jump that high and had his legs taken out from under him. Landing was pretty spectacular though.

And dan - the number of marks Fiora has dropped (while playing for St Kilda) because of footsteps, the number of times he's reached contests second because he doesn't want to put his body on the line - I think he's the biggest squib we've got. Should be dropped ASAP.

I go to most of our home games, thats far from the truth, the reason he gets dropped is his lack of confidence with the ball, in front of goal and when he has held it too long.

he is often crippled with indecision and gets caught.

I've seen him get crunched plenty going for the ball.

Plapp was soft when he came to st kilda, saw him pull out of contests. Saw murray pull out of contests, but can't say I've seen fiora pull out since he's been at st kilda, and he's under more scrutiny than most.

I go to most of our home games, thats far from the truth, the reason he gets dropped is his lack of confidence with the ball, in front of goal and when he has held it too long.

he is often crippled with indecision and gets caught.

I've seen him get crunched plenty going for the ball.

Plapp was soft when he came to st kilda, saw him pull out of contests. Saw murray pull out of contests, but can't say I've seen fiora pull out since he's been at st kilda, and he's under more scrutiny than most.
Fantastic point. Aaron Fiora has copped more crap than any player before or since.
I have absolutely no doubt that the constant moaning by Richmond fans about not taking Pavlich had a massive effect on the confidence you refer to.
Watch him play,and from week to week,even within the space of a single quarter at times his confidence levels swing dramatically.
Last night for example after that great mark,he played a terrific next 15 minutes,on the flip side,watch him when he makes an error and it effects him much more than others and he withdraws into his shell.
Someone needs to get hold of him,tell him it isn't his call where he got drafted and just play.Forget Pav.
Unfortunately Richard Tambling is staring down the very same barrell.Unfair and unrealistic.

It was really sickening - the crowd gasped when they saw it, and then had to relive it 10 times as it was replayed on the big screens. If there is no damage, he is really, really lucky.

Awesome looking mark, but god damn is he lucky. I was holding my breath when i saw it, thank god it didn't end in tragedy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember him taking a great grab, right in front of my seat, at Subi a few years ago when he was at the Tigers. He doesn't mind getting up there, that's for sure.

how the hell was that a screamer???

Not even remotely close

He went up for a regulation mark, Bell took hsi legs out and flipped him whilst in mid air (not intentionallY) and he landed on his head.

Landing was spectacular and very lucky, but he went up for a very normal mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back