Other Aaron Hernandez - Beat the Rap Sheet but not the Bed Sheet

Remove this Banner Ad

he could've got cte from junior football.. s**t he was only an NFL player for what? 2 seasons??

Patriots drafted Hernandez in 2010 and he played for three seasons (2010-2012). His last game was the 2012 AFC Championship game against the Ravens, played on 20 January 2013. He was arrested by Boston police on 26 June 2013.

He also played three seasons of college football for the Gators (2007-2009), though he only started three games as a freshman in 2007. In 2008, he started 11 out of 13 games and started every game in 2009. In total, he had 111 receptions for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns for the Gators.

According to https://www.bu.edu/cte/about/frequently-asked-questions/ (Boston University’s Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) Center)

The brain degeneration is associated with common symptoms of CTE including memory loss, confusion, impaired judgment, impulse control problems, aggression, depression, suicidality, parkinsonism, and eventually progressive dementia.

The only problem with a lawsuit along the lines of "It was CTE that made me do it" is there is no way of determining when Hernandez actually got CTE. Given he killed people whilst he was still in college you could argue the damage was already done before he made it to the NFL but you would never know.

If the case makes it to a trial before a jury you'd never be able to predict the outcome......

If the case makes it to a trial before a jury you'd never be able to predict the outcome......

Given the stupidity of some jury decisions in the US (and subsequent jury determined damages), I'd think there would be a very good chance that a jury would find in Hernandez' kid's favour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And ******* brilliant trailer. The Americans love a story and put on a show like no other.

Knew a guy just like him except he played Footy. Identical upbringing, behaviour etc and would just fly off the handle in a micro second. From nice guy to explosive lunatic at the drop of a hat, also with dad issues. No surprise he also ended up in the slammer when a promising AFL career beckoned.

You just know the reported asked Gronk about AH homosexual lifestyle when he said "next question"

That trailer got me interested I must say... So I did some reading up of my own to familiarise myself with a bit of the story again.

Not sure if I just forgot or not but Hernandez was linked to 6 murders. * me, I only remember hearing about the two, his brother in law for having loose lips/ knowing too much being one of them.

It really is a facinating story to me, how a child's upbringing can shape someone. I'm a big believer that no one is born evil, but a series of events through their childhood can strongly influence how their adult mind works.

Kellen Winslow another former TE with a seriously twisted mind ive done some reading on. From what I've read he had mummy issues growing up, parents divorce. A lot of which is linked to him being turned on at the thought of sexually depraving women much older than him.

Really looking forward to it.

Looks good. Gronk in it. Wonder if Brady and BB make an appearance too
Gronk's not in it. its file footage from a Good Morning America interview from a few years ago.
But looks like Urban Myer might be interviewed for it.

You just know the reported asked Gronk about AH homosexual lifestyle when he said "next question"

That trailer got me interested I must say... So I did some reading up of my own to familiarise myself with a bit of the story again.

Not sure if I just forgot or not but Hernandez was linked to 6 murders. fu** me, I only remember hearing about the two, his brother in law for having loose lips/ knowing too much being one of them.

It really is a facinating story to me, how a child's upbringing can shape someone. I'm a big believer that no one is born evil, but a series of events through their childhood can strongly influence how their adult mind works.

Kellen Winslow another former TE with a seriously twisted mind ive done some reading on. From what I've read he had mummy issues growing up, parents divorce. A lot of which is linked to him being turned on at the thought of sexually depraving women much older than him.

Really looking forward to it.

I think some of the other murders he was linked with were in Florida when he was at college. dont know if much came of it. he was a person on interest for the cold cases after he was convicted for the 2 everyone knows of.

Might of been others he was linked to in Boston while in the NFL.

They were lovers for a while also.
Myer likely covered up s**t for him like he did for everyone else at Florida.

He wont admit it but he knew there was some s**t around him. Doubt anyone knew it was murder.

Dont expect anyone from the NFL to talk on camera in the doco. IIRC he was a bit of a loner in new England and didnt hang with the team.

I do wonder how deep it will go. I wonder if it will talk much about his mental state, CTE and anyother mental health problems he might of had. Seems bipolar. And if it will go into his homosexuality before prison.

Hope it's even half as good as ESPNs OJ doco and not a half assed doco

To be honest I havent put a lot of time into caring about Hernandez...but I've noticed a few CTE references here...is that a thing with him or idol speculation?

Certainly hope if it is an issue here its medically backed up and just doesnt become the new "my father left when I was three and my mother pulled tricks" so I become a serial axe murderer byline.

To be honest I havent put a lot of time into caring about Hernandez...but I've noticed a few CTE references here...is that a thing with him or idol speculation?

Certainly hope if it is an issue here its medically backed up and just doesnt become the new "my father left when I was three and my mother pulled tricks" so I become a serial axe murderer byline.
his family allowed authorities to test his brain for CTE after his death in prison. It was shown to be heavily affected. Not that thats an excuse for his crimes, but perhaps a line of investigation if perhaps it contributed/exasperated it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back