Aaron Naughton - How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not what I saw but need to see it again before commenting further.

Edit: have watched it again. IMHO Naughton does nothing wrong. Tracks the ball, slight change in direction on the bounce before Naughton hits Whitfield, causing Naughton to deviate, and this why Naughton hits Whitfield with a solid glancing blow, rather than both players colliding front on.

Last edited:

He was chasing the ball, he didn't go off his line or line up Whitfield.

Accidents happen dude, sucks that it happened to your best player out there but it's a contact sport.

Took his eyes off the ball and swung an elbow outside of his torso which collected and concussed Whitfield. I don't think it was accidental as the lateral movement of his arm from his midline was unprompted and could only have been to whack Whitfield.

At least one week, potentially two.

Hang on it wasn't even a free kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep pencil him in for 0 weeks, although the AFL will probably find a way to hand him a $1000 fine which won't make any sense but will make them feel better about it.

Naughton lifted his elbow and shoulder. Keep his arms where they were and he would have avoided hitting Whitfield. Seems a clear one to me.
I don't go on here as much as I used to, is this another one of Wampeter/Bokonon's aliases? Seemed like there was another one every month for a period of time.

If it's not, you're doing your best to impersonate him

Naughton lifted his elbow and shoulder. Keep his arms where they were and he would have avoided hitting Whitfield. Seems a clear one to me.

Naughton runs in a straight line towards the footy as your tought as a forward/footballer, never broke off his line enough said. Please stop saying his in trouble. Whitfield had of ran straight line different story he tried to turn his body away. Play on #greatfooty #Tough ##
— Brendan Fevola (@BrendanFevola25) June 19, 2020

The hit from Naughton is sure to be looked at by the match review panel, but many on social media believe he has no case to answer.
“Not for me. At the end of the day the ball is at Naughton’s feet at the time where he comes into contact with Whitfield,” Wayne Carey said on Channel 7.
“Whitfield comes back with courage but Naughton is entitled to protect himself. His arms are tucked in, the elbows aren’t out. The ball is at his feet and he just runs through the footy. At the end of the day it’s unfortunate Whitfield won’t come back on.”

You watching a different game peanut?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back