Abortion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not making a ridiculous claim that "No one ever tries and (sic) utilise this option" with no basis whatsoever.

As above, of course people use it. It wouldn't be available if nobody used it, for starters. Secondly, anecdotally I know people that have used it.

So can you answer the question?
Obviously not enough considering the amount of abortions there are.
However that doesn’t really concern me. It’s the killing of innocent lives that concerns me the most!

This has to be the most uncomfortable thread on this whole forum surely. What percentage of posters in here are male? We really don't deserve to have much of a say on this topic (especially if it's anti-abortion).

One argument I always come back to however is this one...
Not everybody smokes, but when those who do develop lung cancer we feel sympathy and assist them.
Not everybody drink drives, but when those who do cause an accident we do whatever we can to save their lives.
Not everybody takes drugs, but when people overdose we do what we can to help them.
Everybody has sex, but when women unintentionally fall pregnant, a large portion of society tells them they should have no choice but to deal with the consequences. From all ages. Of all ethnicities. Of all possible scenarios that caused the pregnancy. They should have no choice but to accept and keep it.

It paints a sickening picture.

Haven't gone back through this thread because i'm almost too scared to. But I hope it's generally positive and mostly supports the women that find themselves in the position where they feel they need this safe, legal procedure.

Utter bullshit.

We don't. I understand that there might be the occasional case where a girl gets pregnant and her partner protests. But at the end of the day, as a male, you aren't required to carry the entire burden of the most life changing moment you will ever experience. It is entirely the decision of the woman.

We don't. I understand that there might be the occasional case where a girl gets pregnant and her partner protests. But at the end of the day, as a male, you aren't required to carry the entire burden of the most life changing moment you will ever experience. It is entirely the decision of the woman.
Complete and utter tripe. No social, moral or ethical issue occurs in a vacuum that renders anyone's opinion or thoughts invalid. Ever. And neither should the contents of one's trousers ever bear any relation to the validity of their arguments. Ever. Anyone who argues otherwise is an ignorant fool, pandering to the idiocy of identity politics. Aside from all that which invalidates your claim, there's the pragmatic side of the argument which rightly points out that it usually takes two to tango, and therefore, even if I were to concede that a man's wishes and views are superceded by a woman's, it in no way invalidates them.

Nobody should EVER be told their opinion doesn't count because of race, religion, gender et al. Our society is supposed to be past this point of crap, yet it keeps coming up in ignorance. I am led to believe Obama had a thing or two to say about this very issue only a few days ago.

Complete and utter tripe. No social, moral or ethical issue occurs in a vacuum that renders anyone's opinion or thoughts invalid. Ever. And neither should the contents of one's trousers ever bear any relation to the validity of their arguments. Ever. Anyone who argues otherwise is an ignorant fool, pandering to the idiocy of identity politics. Aside from all that which invalidates your claim, there's the pragmatic side of the argument which rightly points out that it usually takes two to tango, and therefore, even if I were to concede that a man's wishes and views are superceded by a woman's, it in no way invalidates them.

Nobody should EVER be told their opinion doesn't count because of race, religion, gender et al. Our society is supposed to be past this point of crap, yet it keeps coming up in ignorance. I am led to believe Obama had a thing or two to say about this very issue only a few days ago.

Thank you for a well-worded response. But you have completely missed the mark on this particular topic.
If a forum mostly made up of men arguing about whether women should have the legal (or ethical for that matter) right to an abortion doesn't somewhat irk you then I won't bother continuing the conversation, because we are going to remain too far apart in our opinions.
BUT, it also doesn't change my opinion that it should be primarily the decision of the person who is pregnant.

Thank you for a well-worded response. But you have completely missed the mark on this particular topic.
If a forum mostly made up of men arguing about whether women should have the legal (or ethical for that matter) right to an abortion doesn't somewhat irk you then I won't bother continuing the conversation, because we are going to remain too far apart in our opinions.
BUT, it also doesn't change my opinion that it should be primarily the decision of the person who is pregnant.
More fool you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have thought society was passed forcing pregnancies and removing a womans right over her own body, however this continuing thread of crap, with antiquated, ignorant and sometimes downright idiotic posts continues.
That's a nice opinion you got there. Would be a shame if it were deemed totally irrelevant because of your gender...

Just loving how the majority of men on here think they have the right to make an opinion on how/what a woman should or should not do with her body..

The days of you guys saying what we can and can't do are gone..

Just loving how the majority of men on here think they have the right to make an opinion on how/what a woman should or should not do with her body..

The days of you guys saying what we can and can't do are gone..
Wrong on so many levels. Men aren't even allowed the RIGHT to have an OPINION on it? Absolute trash. Anyone who thinks this way is an utter idiot.

It's not bullshit. We as men cannot get pregnant. We cannot undergo the lengthy physical and psychological changes that come with pregnancy. Yet for some reason, in societies all around the world, it's men who make policy on this subject.
The word in bold is why. We live in a society. Not segregated worlds based on sexual orientation, gender, race, religion and all the other little boxes that fools want to use to continue this identity politicking bullshit. You're buying right into it with your failure to see past anything but the shape of someone's genitals in this issue. Shame on you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back