Remove this Banner Ad

Now include the other two zones in North's NGA
Ok. Werribee
Mihocek - 2017 (rookie pick)
Ruggles - 2015 (rookie pick)
Brown - 2013 pick #47
Hartigan - 2012 (rookie pick)
Mangan - 2011 (rookie pick)

...that doesn't help the average and I'm not sure any of them qualify as NGA, at least two of them are actually from Tasmania. I intentionally didn't include the mature agers or rookie picks in the previous list.

I can't find the players who were drafted from the West Gate Freeway, Docklands, Monash University or the Melbourne Central Business District.

How many draftees have come out of Newcastle and Mosman in the past decade?
Mills, Robinson.

52 players drafted from the NSW-ACT side since 2010, but I can't locate a specific Newcastle football club they would have played for to isolate that group like the Mosman players listed above.

Mills, Robinson.

52 players drafted from the NSW-ACT side since 2010, but I can't locate a specific Newcastle football club they would have played for to isolate that group like the Mosman players listed above.
Right. What was the average pick for players from Mosman?

So we comparing 25 players drafted out of Tasmania, Werribee and the streets of the Melbourne CBD, potentially 5 of which would be NGA players to 52 NSW-ACT players, 29 of which found their way to a NSW team list.
So, we're not, because that's comparing one team's zone to two teams zones and ignoring the sections of Norths zone that are part of TAC cup catchments like Parkville, Kensington, East Melbourne, South Yarra and Carlton / Carlton North. A few handy players have come out of the Dragons, Cannons, and Knights.

Right. What was the average pick for players from Mosman?
With a #3 and a rookie pick... #117 when rookie elevations and passes were removed... #60.

But considering that I didn't include the rookie picks in my list, the average number for Mosman is #3.

Mosman does very well.

So, we're not, because that's comparing one team's zone to two teams zones and ignoring the sections of Norths zone that are part of TAC cup catchments like Parkville, Kensington, East Melbourne, South Yarra and Carlton / Carlton North. A few handy players have come out of the Dragons, Cannons, and Knights.
I'm looking at their map right now, they have a huge chunk of industrial Melbourne, CBD Melbourne, a touch of suburb, Werribee and a heap of dockland.

How many aboriginals and new migrants do you reckon can afford to live in Parkville, Kensington, East Melbourne, South Yarra and Carlton / Carlton North? It's an hilariously ignorant statement.

I see the whole Brisbane & Sydney can qualify 8th generation Anglo Saxon kids, and other clubs father son players, which other states cannot fact, is the massive Tyrannosaurus Rex in the room that the briztoons, & kummerpecks of this world seem to conveniently just skate around.:rolleyes:

It's the sole purpose that dissent even exists!

Last edited:
I'm looking at their map right now, they have a huge chunk of industrial Melbourne, CBD Melbourne, a touch of suburb, Werribee and a heap of dockland.
Okay. The map on their website clearly lists the suburbs I mentioned as well as a chunk of country Victoria. Are you saying those suburbs aren't a park of their zone?

Okay. The map on their website clearly lists the suburbs I mentioned as well as a chunk of country Victoria. Are you saying those suburbs aren't a park of their zone?

I'm saying their area of Melbourne has a far more park, industry and business than homes.

How many aboriginals and new migrants do you reckon can afford to live in Parkville, Kensington, East Melbourne, South Yarra and Carlton / Carlton North? It's an hilariously ignorant statement.
I'd say assuming all migrants and indigenous people are too poor to live there is more so, but you've got a record of that kind of thinking. In any case, in the City of Melbourne which your zone lies in, 56% of the population are born overseas, so I'd imagine a fair few migrants would be able to afford to live there.

I'd say assuming all migrants and indigenous people are too poor to live there is more so, but you've got a record of that kind of thinking. In any case, in the City of Melbourne which your zone lies in, 56% of the population are born overseas, so I'd imagine a fair few migrants would be able to afford to live there.

Please, just don't comment about Melbourne or suburban Melbourne any more.

You are clearly ignorant of the true demographics.

Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm saying their area of Melbourne has a far more park, industry and business than homes.
That's a bit of a disingenuous measure though. So is Sydney's. Many draftees coming out of Lake Illawarra or the Byron hinterland?
Please, just don't comment about Melbourne or suburban Melbourne any more.

You are clearly ignorant of the true demographics.
So is the City of Melbourne and the BoS, apparently.
Aboriginal people make up 0.4% of the population of Kensington.

Parkville is 0.7%
Good thing North's academy isn't just limited to those two suburbs or indigenous Australians then.

Aboriginal people make up 0.4% of the population of Kensington.

Parkville is 0.7%

Thanks, backs me up nicely.

Nationwide: 2.8% = 14 & 25% representation in comparison to the national average.

South Yarra & East Melbourne would be a lot less.

Good thing North's academy isn't just limited to those two suburbs or indigenous Australians then.
Well the comparison is against all boys living in the area for Sydney academy. Not just those of aboriginal or specific international decent.

Well the comparison is against all boys living in the area for Sydney academy. Not just those of aboriginal or specific international decent.

In other words, it's a massive distortion.

I see the whole Brisbane & Sydney can qualify 8th generation Anglo Saxon kids, and other clubs father son players, which other states cannot fact, is the massive Tyrannosaurus Rex in the room that the briztoons, & kummerpecks of this world seem to conveniently just skate around.:rolleyes:

It's the sole purpose that dissent even exists!
Pretty sure if you listened to the relevant section of the podcast I posted, you would have heard we have one of our F/S kids running around in Essendon’s NGA academy.

So how does that fit in with your *cough* facts.

And the “fact” that you continually disregard that AFL is a minority sport up here, that’s why they allow every kid access to our academies.

Might be good if you actually spent 10 minutes listening to our academy coach on the podcast.

But that doesn’t sit with your “facts”, so my guess is you can’t be arsed.

Pretty sure if you listened to the relevant section of the podcast I posted, you would have heard we have one of our F/S kids running around in Essendon’s NGA academy.

So how does that fit in with your *cough* facts.

Do you think I bothered listening to stuff posted by a person that can't acknowledge a Tyrannasaurus Rex in front of their nose?

Seriously?

Why the hell do so many of you have this rediculous dream that Academies will be scaled back. They save the AFL way way to much money to destroy now.

If anything they’ll be expanded with first cab off the rank being metro Perth n Adelaide having NGA’s for the indigenous population in line with the Melbourne NGA’s. Albeit slightly less generous.

Lastly it’d be nice to stop hearing the same people pretending they don’t know academy rules, from both sides. No1 is going to believe you even if you repeat the lie over n over again. Give it up it’s old n it’s not working.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back