Adelaide a threat in 2017?

Remove this Banner Ad

Look very good against us in the showdown and pretty much went exactly as i thought. They have a good set up and rebound so well from defense. Just play such a good high scoring game.

Hate to say it but they will be a shoe in for the minor premiership or at least top 2 which will get them close.

Still think Bulldogs and GWS are a little better at there best but Crows just have the ability to out score any team so are right up there.

Also Sloane is a gun.

What makes you think that? (I'm genuinely asking)

I think Adelaide Vs Geelong would be a better neutral supporter prospect as Adelaide Vs Port wouldn't be covered under the MCG's insurance policy :fire: :D
I'm still waiting for an Eagles v. Crows GF :)
But alas, I don't think my mob are good enough to make it this year

They're the real deal.

What makes you think that? (I'm genuinely asking)

I think Adelaide Vs Geelong would be a better neutral supporter prospect as Adelaide Vs Port wouldn't be covered under the MCG's insurance policy :fire: :D
Adelaide v GWS GF sounds pretty exciting to me

We are the team to beat this season. We have Adelaide oval as our great advantage, don't care who we play i expect to win every time. We play well at the MCG and have a good draw for the rest of the season. Geelong is really the only tough game on the road we have. We have a very professional group of players with an excellent coach, confident we can do something special this season.

dude you cant write this tripe after round 3

something about people rating their own teams like this that makes me cringe

dude you cant write this tripe after round 3

something about people rating their own teams like this that makes me cringe
Sorry for being optimistic, maybe you should have a look at yourself, your part of the reason for no premierships in 19 years. I believe in my team, I make no apologies for that

Sorry for being optimistic, maybe you should have a look at yourself, your part of the reason for no premierships in 19 years. I believe in my team, I make no apologies for that

yes - I am the reason why Adelaide haven't won a premiership in 19 years

I'm sorry

Love the enthusiasm but it's only round three. We're the in-form side at the moment but certainly not the 'team to beat this season' yet.
Not sure about that. This year I think the Crows will be the "hunted, rather than the hunters". Whether or not Pyke has the plan B,C and D to counter that will determine how far the Crows go this year + injuries of course.

Adelaide seem to have learnt to defend this year. Combine solid defence with their ridiculous offender and they're a very dangerous side.

My only query with them is that I reckon they rely very heavily on Sloane, Jacobs, and Talia. One of those three go down and they could be in trouble. Lucky for them though, those three are some of the most durable footballers in the AFL

Adelaide seem to have learnt to defend this year. Combine solid defence with their ridiculous offender and they're a very dangerous side.

My only query with them is that I reckon they rely very heavily on Sloane, Jacobs, and Talia. One of those three go down and they could be in trouble. Lucky for them though, those three are some of the most durable footballers in the AFL

Brad Crouch has had a shocking run with injuries but is 23 and ready to tear this comp apart. Has 4-5 AFL preseasons under his belt. First game back in the sanfl yesterday he gets 40 touches. He will become our best midfielder by the end of the season if he doesn't get injured again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

weve got a decent backup for jacobs in the wings, talia would hurt but we could cover it. Sloane goes down our season goes with him.

Adelaide seem to have learnt to defend this year.
I disagree actually. Adelaide have conceded 91, 89 and 83 points so far, for an average of 87.7. That's not a premiership-standard defence.

Whilst I'm happy to have three "W"s on the board and be sitting top, the Crows' rubbish first quarters are a big concern. Adelaide have trailed at quarter-time in all three games so far - and at the moment, that problem is being glossed over, by some Crows supporters and even by the midfield coach, Scott Camporeale. On radio during Sunday he was asked whether the slow starts were a corncern, and he actually said no, it's not really a concern. Camporeale said that at quarter-time in the Showdown, the Crows and Power were pretty even despite Port being ahead on the scoreboard. Not only is that untrue, but all I have to say to Campo is: the opposition getting a scoreboard jump on you, every time, is a bad thing. Glad he didn't become our full-time coach - in the six years he has presided over the midfield, it has never really developed a defensive element. At least Pyke has publicly stated that he wants to build a team that balances between attack and defence.

One day this year, a good midfield will really get the jump on Adelaide and choke their forward line. When that happens, they won't be able to play catch-up succesfully. My suspicion is that the Bulldogs and Geelong will do that.

Agree but that applies to pretty much every team in the league apart from gws. Geelong without hawkins dangerfield selwood. Richmond without martin riewoldt rance. Sydney without kennedy franklin

Agree but that applies to pretty much every team in the league apart from gws. Geelong without hawkins dangerfield selwood. Richmond without martin riewoldt rance. Sydney without kennedy franklin
Actually look at our record when Ward has an off day and you'll see how much we miss him.

Looking like Adelaide v GWS grand final

And the first GF i haven't watched, couldn't give a toss if this was the game I have zero interest but that counts little for the winner

Hate both teams but would be less sickened to see the crows win

if bulldogs get their clearance game going then i think they're the team to beat. they're adjusting to having to play without the third man up as well as 2 new forwards in front of them to compliment boyd and stringer. the giants will be better for their round 1 wake up call as well...

But you can't deny the crows have been easily the best team so far. And it already looks like the road to finals won't be going through the sydney CBD so they won't have to worry about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back