List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The typical Crows supporter paranoia is palpable here.

Lynch, Talia, McKay have all made an exit, even losing players like Davis will lower our age profile dramatically. Unlikely Tex goes on another year and we’re looking very thin in terms of experienced players around the club.

These experienced players push younger players and drive expectations. Some people on this board just don’t get the bigger picture that it’s all a balance act as we go forward. Some would have us field an entire team of under 22’s every week ‘just to get the gaaaaames into ‘em!’

Moronic.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And how much AFL games experience does Lienert bring?
Valid point...but wrong player

Laird, Crouch, sloane, doedee, brown, smith, seedsman, ROB, keays, dawson and milera are all best 22.

There's plenty of experience there, especially in the mids and defence.
Keays - 68 games
Dawson - 64
Milera - 62
O'Brien - 57
Doedee - 51

That's really not a whole lot of experience.

Our only 100+ game players are Sloane, Walker, Smith, Laird, Brown and Seedsman - and we won't be adding to that group in 2022. I doubt any other club has less.

Melbourne's Grand Final team had 14 players with 100+ games, the Bulldogs had 11. That's how many we have with 50+ games, on our entire list.

Keays - 68 games
Dawson - 64
Milera - 62
O'Brien - 57
Doedee - 51

Our only 100+ game players are Sloane, Walker, Smith, Laird, Brown and Seedsman - and we won't be adding to that group in 2022. I doubt any other club has less.

Melbourne's Grand Final team had 14 players with 100+ games, the Bulldogs had 11. That's how many we have with 50+ games, on our entire list.
How many games has Lienert played?

Not all "experience" has the same value.

Rory Atkins for example played 100 games (would be our 8th most experienced player) but I don't think anyone here wanted to keep him, and he wouldn't add anything worthwhile to us despite his high games count

Keays - 68 games
Dawson - 64
Milera - 62
O'Brien - 57
Doedee - 51

True..but we are not contending for a grand final next year nor likely the year after so add another 40+ games to each of those players assuming they are first choice and then in 2024 we will have a group that will ve close to or hitting the 100 gamemark when we should be a finals side (hopefully..fingers crossed).

It is also likely one or 2 trade ins will come that should add to the 100 game player tally once we have stopped prioritising hitting the draft

True..but we are not contending for a grand final next year nor likely the year after so add another 40+ games to each of those players assuming they are first choice and then in 2024 we will have a group that will ve close to or hitting the 100 gamemark when we should be a finals side (hopefully..fingers crossed).

It is also likely one or 2 trade ins will come that should add to the 100 game player tally once we have stopped prioritising hitting the draft
In 2 years time Keays, Dawson & (maybe) O'Brien should have reached 100+ games (O'Brien can only afford to miss 1 game in 2 seasons). I have little faith in Milera making it to 100 games - not because I don't rate him as a player, but because his latest injury casts a long shadow over his future.

On the other side of the coin, Walker will definitely be gone - and Sloane & Brown would have to be very close to the end as well.

We will start 2023 with even fewer 100+ game players than we have now, and will probably only be breaking even in 2024. We will, however, have a lot more players pushing into that 50+ group, and getting close to 100 games in 2025.

Without finals, we'll only be playing 22 games per year - and at the start of 2021 we were selecting teams where more than half the players had played less than 20 games. It's going to take 4 more seasons before the likes of Schoenberg, Butts and Thilthorpe get anywhere near 100 games. Experience just isn't something which happens overnight.

In 2 years time Keays, Dawson & (maybe) O'Brien should have reached 100+ games (O'Brien can only afford to miss 1 game in 2 seasons). I have little faith in Milera making it to 100 games - not because I don't rate him as a player, but because his latest injury casts a long shadow over his future.

On the other side of the coin, Walker will definitely be gone - and Sloane & Brown would have to be very close to the end as well.

We will start 2023 with even fewer 100+ game players than we have now, and will probably only be breaking even in 2024. We will, however, have a lot more players pushing into that 50+ group, and getting close to 100 games in 2025.

Without finals, we'll only be playing 22 games per year - and at the start of 2021 we were selecting teams where more than half the players had played less than 20 games. It's going to take 4 more seasons before the likes of Schoenberg, Butts and Thilthorpe get anywhere near 100 games. Experience just isn't something which happens overnight.
Well in that case Jarrod Lienert will never become a good player unless he plays every game between now and turning 32.

Interested in what areas of Keays, Doedee, O'Brien and Dawson's games you think will be significantly improved from game 1 2022 and when they reach this magical 100 games?

Only thing Davis hasin his favour when compared to Lienert is age, in every other way Lienert has proven to be the better player.

I don't think anything is actually proven after 5 games. Especially given the manner that Davis' were scheduled. Check his output against champions like Betts and Tex in his debut and second game, noting they were months apart. His performances weren't any worse than what you reckon are rolled gold best 22 who's selection is entirely beyond doubt.

I don't think anything is actually proven after 5 games. Especially given the manner that Davis' were scheduled. Check his output against champions like Betts and Tex in his debut and second game, noting they were months apart. His performances weren't any worse than what you reckon are rolled gold best 22 who's selection is entirely beyond doubt.
I've seen enough at SANFL level and the few AFL games he's played to think it's time to move him on and give another kid a shot on the rookie list or even bring in a DFA in the right age bracket in an area of need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Rehn saying we are thinking about Leinert. Saw him once this year and he was excellent in a well beaten magpies side
People need to stop concerning themselves with AFL media making up rumours.

There is very little chance we are going to draft a 28 year old fringe player when we are in a rebuild

He is the type of depth player a contender adds to their squad, but crazy for a rebuilding team to add to block getting games into younger players with more upside.

Interested in what areas of Keays, Doedee, O'Brien and Dawson's games you think will be significantly improved from game 1 2022 and when they reach this magical 100 games?
I never said anything about improvement. I said experience.

Here's the post I replied to, which doesn't include the word "improvement" anywhere within:
Laird, Crouch, sloane, doedee, brown, smith, seedsman, ROB, keays, dawson and milera are all best 22.

There's plenty of experience there, especially in the mids and defence.

The typical Crows supporter paranoia is palpable here.

Lynch, Talia, McKay have all made an exit, even losing players like Davis will lower our age profile dramatically. Unlikely Tex goes on another year and we’re looking very thin in terms of experienced players around the club.

These experienced players push younger players and drive expectations. Some people on this board just don’t get the bigger picture that it’s all a balance act as we go forward. Some would have us field an entire team of under 22’s every week ‘just to get the gaaaaames into ‘em!’

Moronic.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If they were so important, why did the club push them out?

Moronic.

People need to stop concerning themselves with AFL media making up rumours.

There is very little chance we are going to draft a 28 year old fringe player when we are in a rebuild

He is the type of depth player a contender adds to their squad, but crazy for a rebuilding team to add to block getting games into younger players with more upside.

Our rebuild is done. It was done after last year's draft.

I've seen enough at SANFL level and the few AFL games he's played to think it's time to move him on and give another kid a shot on the rookie list or even bring in a DFA in the right age bracket in an area of need.

Very few AFL quality players perform consistently well at SANFL level. If you rated consistent SANFL performances then you'd have Frampton ahead of Thilthorpe all day every day. Consistent SANFL output makes an SANFL player. Very few exceptions, your guy Lyons one of the few exceptions to the rule.

When I compared him to champions of the game in his first 2 efforts he measure up perfectly fine. Have you actually checkd the output of our golden boys in those games and compared them to a debutant/second gamer?

When I compared him to champions of the game in his first 2 efforts he measure up perfectly fine. Have you actually checkd the output of our golden boys in those games and compared them to a debutant/second gamer?
I don't need to check anything, Ben Davis has some talent which he's failed to show even close to consistently at either SANFL or AFL level in 5 years on our list....it's time to move on in my opinion and nothing you come up with will sway that belief.

Very few AFL quality players perform consistently well at SANFL level. If you rated consistent SANFL performances then you'd have Frampton ahead of Thilthorpe all day every day. Consistent SANFL output makes an SANFL player. Very few exceptions, your guy Lyons one of the few exceptions to the rule.
That's because theyare playing AFL, not SANFL.

Back