List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd prefer Lachie OBrien.
I wouldn't but Matthew Ling would have to come with a guarantee clause that he will actually get on the park consistently. O'Brien just doesn't go hard enough for contested footy.

Now with 35 on the main list, and 5 rookies, there are 2 spots available. 2 x Cat B players but they don't factor into the 42 split.

There is 30 minutes left if we are to upgrade a rookie - and having 2 rookie spots for tomorrow or PSP and mid-season drafts.

Thursday 25 November at 7.00pm – Round 2 to completion - NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting

Thursday 25 November at 10.00pm – Rookie Upgrade Period opens; AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences

Thursday 25 November at 11.00pm – Rookie Upgrade Period closes; AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes

So we can sign up to 5 more contracts, ROC and Davis could be up to two of those. We can also leave some spots vacant.
We are obviously going to spend pick 4 and 33 on at least one player, could be up to 3 if we split 4.
If we want one of the DFAs we clearly have space to do so, but definitely not a necessity.

My guess is 3 draft picks (taking us up to 36 senior list players), recontract ROC as a rookie (taking us up to 5 Cat A rookies), and leave a rookie spot vacant.

Which means something other than the above scenario will happen.

3 draft picks - yes
Re-rookie ROC - Oops, I meant Davis...
5 Cat A rookie spots - yes
Leave a rookie spot vacant - Nope, swooped in the PSD and added Nankervis to the senior list.

How did everyone else's pre-draft predictions/guesses shape up? That was from 21 October.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

18. Adelaide

The Crows are still only 39 games into a massive club-wide rebuild.

They won only three of their last 17 games after a Taylor Walker-inspired purple patch that saw him kick bags of five, six, six and three goals in a 3-1 first month for the Crows.

They must reintegrate Walker with all the challenges that come with that after his racist slur.

And despite the acquisition of Jordan Dawson, they have lost stalwarts including Jake Kelly, Daniel Talia, David Mackay and Tom Lynch.

Adelaide knows exactly where it is at – with the right coach, the right captain (Rory Sloane) the right list strategy, the patience to build methodically.

It just might take another 24 months of pain before the on-field bounce.

Early prediction: New acquisition Josh Rachele only takes weeks before fans wonder if they should name one of the Adelaide Oval forward pockets “Josh’s pocket”.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm surprised yet not surprised that we are tipped to go bottom next year.

Definately will fly under the radar, but this top 8 and 18 team prediction seems weak and I'll considered.

Collingwood 15 and Hawthorn 13th seem naive, Richmond 8th optimistic.

I think Job Ralph has a bit of work to do.

18. Adelaide

The Crows are still only 39 games into a massive club-wide rebuild.

They won only three of their last 17 games after a Taylor Walker-inspired purple patch that saw him kick bags of five, six, six and three goals in a 3-1 first month for the Crows.

They must reintegrate Walker with all the challenges that come with that after his racist slur.

And despite the acquisition of Jordan Dawson, they have lost stalwarts including Jake Kelly, Daniel Talia, David Mackay and Tom Lynch.

Adelaide knows exactly where it is at – with the right coach, the right captain (Rory Sloane) the right list strategy, the patience to build methodically.

It just might take another 24 months of pain before the on-field bounce.

Early prediction: New acquisition Josh Rachele only takes weeks before fans wonder if they should name one of the Adelaide Oval forward pockets “Josh’s pocket”.

Who has us finishing bottom?

Despite a good defensive unit we still have a laborious midfield rivaled only by Hawthorn in its lack of power, pace, and precision, compared with a North side who have spent the last 3 drafts packing theirs with talent, and our forward line is built around a second year key and a first year small - bottom is a reasonable estimate. I certainly have us, Hawthorn, and Collingwood just about ironed on for bottom 4, the real question is can North leapfrog Carlton and/or Gold Coast.

Despite a good defensive unit we still have a laborious midfield rivaled only by Hawthorn in its lack of power, pace, and precision, compared with a North side who have spent the last 3 drafts packing theirs with talent, and our forward line is built around a second year key and a first year small - bottom is a reasonable estimate. I certainly have us, Hawthorn, and Collingwood just about ironed on for bottom 4, the real question is can North leapfrog Carlton and/or Gold Coast.
Certainly going to be an interesting comparison with North given we’ve rebuilt at the same time. Their midfield is going to be scary.

I find it slightly baffling that so many people think the club will be bottom 2 next season which coming after a season winning 7 games would be nothing short of a failure and represent a regression.

The midfield is hardly as terrible as people say, though it does lack a genuine match winner. Nor is the forward line awful, the pieces are coming togther there with TT, Fog, Ned and Rachele. Although we're probably another tall short.

We won 7 games but we easily could have won 4 more if a little more went our way. I'd have as a solid 8-12 on the ladder team.

Particularly if we get a favourable draw. I can't see us finishing bottom 4

Could have easily lost 3-4 more too.

Back