List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bob Neil

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2011
At a table with old friends
AFL Club
Adelaide
Complete hypothetical but say Tex won the Coleman this year what would his trade value be to a contender for a two year deal? I know people will say it’s heresy to talk about trading a club legend but I just reckon he’s holding Fogarty back who I think can only play one position - the one which Tex has first dibs on.
Could Tex do a Brian Lake?

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Complete hypothetical but say Tex won the Coleman this year what would his trade value be to a contender for a two year deal? I know people will say it’s heresy to talk about trading a club legend but I just reckon he’s holding Fogarty back who I think can only play one position - the one which Tex has first dibs on.
Still not convinced Tex is going to get to the finish line

Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, Toronto Raptors
Still not convinced Tex is going to get to the finish line

Tex won't win the Coleman, solely because of the quality and quantity of footy being sent his way. Has dropped off his early pace as our entire team has started to struggle.

Nothing. He'd leave as a free agent and we'd get no compensation

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Tex won't win the Coleman, solely because of the quality and quantity of footy being sent his way. Has dropped off his early pace as our entire team has started to struggle.
I still think he will go pretty close to winning the coleman if he stays injury free. His form has obviously dropped off from his opening 3 rounds, but he is still managing to get his 2 or 3 goals a week. He is currently on 27 with 15 rounds to go. If he averages 2 goals a week with a couple of bags of 3 or 4 he will reach the 60-65 goal mark. The last 3 winners (from full seasons) have had 67,65 and 69.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Unfortunately I have to agree with this. His goal kicking numbers has come back to his average over the last month, but I don't think that's a reflection on him. I just don't see enough quality ball coming his way anymore.

Fingers crossed that with Sloane back and Crouch sometime soon that starts to improve again. But if not, I don't see him holding off McKay.

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
This is true. At the start of the season I would have said we needed quality mids and KPF's more than anything. Now I think we need mids, forwards, defenders and a ruck who isn't totally unco.
You're right we can't even get the medical sub position right let alone the guys on the field

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Tex after 3 touches in the last 3 quarters with a clear trend emerging is on radio again talking about his desire for a new contract. No, "it's a long season, need to see how the body is much deeper in the season" for our guys on their last legs. Straight out of the Thommo play book.

"Physically and mentally I'm in a great space so I'd love to play on next year providing that continues in the second half of the year and that's a discussion that we'll obviously have when it needs to be," Walker told AFL.com.au

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think if Tex did not get a new AFC contract, he would make the decision to retire.

I dont think Tex will move his family for a 1-2 year deal where he may end u p playing a bit of state league football

Tex will put a value on being a one club player and keeping his family settled.......

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I think if Tex did not get a new AFC contract, he would make the decision to retire.

I dont think Tex will move his family for a 1-2 year deal where he may end u p playing a bit of state league football

Tex will put a value on being a one club player and keeping his family settled.......

Plus we'd move him to some kind of coaching or skills development role. He has an amazing football brain, which hopefully he could pass on.

Linekers Ears

All Australian
Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide

" Carlton has constructed a list of on-ballers and hasn’t yet worked out how to satiate them all. "

SEN reckon Carton's got too many on-ballers, overuse Walsh/Cripps/Ed Curnow and play other blokes out of position - SPS on a back flank, Cunningham and Setterfield at wing/ half forward.

Can we pinch any of these guys? SPS has been mentioned on this forum and is out of contract this year, but there's other well-credentialled junior footballers there. Kemp was a v. good junior and is out of contract this year but still working back from the ACL. Setterfield also out of contract but he's got a lengthy injury history.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Tex also has a new house he's building to pay for ..

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tex also has a new house he's building to pay for ..
He doesnt need footy income from a 2 year lifeline contract to pay for his house

He has been smart with his finances, he has other business income streams and media opportunities will open uo for him

He qould have made the decision to build knowing that playing footy beyong 2021 is up in the air

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Plus we'd move him to some kind of coaching or skills development role. He has an amazing football brain, which hopefully he could pass on.
Club marketing etc

Tex has established income.e streams outside of footy

I woukd argue he will have media offers once he retires

He won't be fighting for a quid when he retires

Back