Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Boland ever going to be fit or nah?
Doesn't look like it.

Top bloke, but we have D'Arrigo doing the job and Lia if we really need. Get a OS centre back, Mirko is sadly only slightly more fit than Baba was..... and not as crucial

Baba was never crucial because he was never on the field.
Sigh......

What was the position we lacked most last year?? We needed a goal scorer, and every time he was on the pitch that's pretty much what he did. He wasn't there anywhere near enough.

Boland on the other hand is a very solid, yet replaceable central midfielder. We have 2 in the squad already.

That's what I mean by Baba was more crucial.

The caveat to that is we are likely to be without Louis for chunks of the year to national duties.

But we need our imports playing.

Sigh......

What was the position we lacked most last year?? We needed a goal scorer, and every time he was on the pitch that's pretty much what he did. He wasn't there anywhere near enough.

Boland on the other hand is a very solid, yet replaceable central midfielder. We have 2 in the squad already.

That's what I mean by Baba was more crucial.
We need Boland fit. We're not winning a title with an 18 year old playing CDM. As good as D'Arrigo has been so far, we need our best players on the pitch to have a chance at the title.

We need Boland fit. We're not winning a title with an 18 year old playing CDM. As good as D'Arrigo has been so far, we need our best players on the pitch to have a chance at the title.
We won one with a 20yo Stefan Mauk......

What I'm saying is we can't hold onto him if he becomes a injury problem, we need to have learned our lesson with that one.

There's talk of Armiento and Margus being involved in swaps or loans in January so that could bring in someone at least.

I don't think we want to be going with Lia long term but he's a decent stopgap for a week here and there.

Smith and Nunn play defence and King is a box to box mid.

Full backs or centre backs?
Smith is a CB predominantly, Nunn is a full back.

Not sure either will make the matchday squad but the club looks super keen to get these kids around the group.

Love how brainwashed people are re Baba. I wish I got paid to sit on the physio's table (aka never show up for work)
Brainwashed ?? The guy was a jet, he just wasnt ever fit.

You dont play where he did if you arent, and its not as if he intended to get injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brainwashed ?? The guy was a jet, he just wasnt ever fit.

You dont play where he did if you arent, and its not as if he intended to get injured
He wasnt a 'jet', if he was he'd never end up here

Second, due to the fact never played what you could say is "he had the potential and showed glimpses but due to the fact he never showed up for work he was a complete bust". This would be more accurate than talking someone up who never got on the park

He wasnt a 'jet', if he was he'd never end up here

Second, due to the fact never played what you could say is "he had the potential and showed glimpses but due to the fact he never showed up for work he was a complete bust". This would be more accurate than talking someone up who never got on the park
Every time he played he looked amazing, and he was here on a very very good deal. Would you call Ola Toivenen a jet ?? Craig Goodwin ??

Just think before you post I reckon

Every time he played he looked amazing, and he was here on a very very good deal. Would you call Ola Toivonen a jet ?? Craig Goodwin ??

Just think before you post I reckon
Fair call on the 'jet' comment. I'll retract that but you can stop talking up Baba. He was a flop, plain and simple. Are you friends with him or something? The only explanation for defending his failed tenure

Fair call on the 'jet' comment. I'll retract that but you can stop talking up Baba. He was a flop, plain and simple. Are you friends with him or something? The only explanation for defending his failed tenure
Ahh that old "are you friends with him" line.

His time here was a failure no question, we paid him very good money and he barely played. His quality was never in question and the only reason we kept him around so long.

At some point, you need to ask yourself why multiple people keep asking you the same thing or you can keep on thinking that it’s everybody else that’s the problem.

Free life lesson.
I guess 2 is multiple.

Thing with Baba was, we knew what he was capable of and hence we kept him..... for far too long.

No arguments from me that it was a failed experiment, but to say he had no talent is well wide of the mark.

Bit like when people thought Guardiola was garbage. He plays in La Liga, he's not garbage but he didn't work out for us.

Handy to have a player like Maria to come in and replace D'Arrigo

Back