Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

James Troisi set to be released from his CSL club in favour of Dario Vidosic.

Do we have another crack at him or has he burnt his bridges here ?? The club is in a better place now, we're champions and we will play in the ACL. He can put himself back in the window if he likes.

Personally IMO he's the perfect Pablo replacement AND he's a local. We need guys who can play right across the front line.

Downside is he is a huge FIGJAM and does like to chase the coin, which isn't a huge issue for me considering his bargaining power wouldn't be as high as it was 18 months ago.

I shall speak with my sources.
A big YES for me. Like you said he can play anywhere across the front-line which is exactly the type of player we need. Again, like you mentioned, the coin is a problem. Does he even want to come back to his home state? If he does then he'd take less money to come here than go to a Victory or Sydney for example.

A big YES for me. Like you said he can play anywhere across the front-line which is exactly the type of player we need. Again, like you mentioned, the coin is a problem. Does he even want to come back to his home state? If he does then he'd take less money to come here than go to a Victory or Sydney for example.
Apparently last time it wasn't just money, but then he ends up in the CSL. I'd love him in the side as he ticks so many boxes and allows us to headhunt a overseas striker.

Surely the lure of the ACL, our recent success and playing under a good coach is enough to lure him home. Somehow I don't think it will be.
The money on offer in China is one thing but Triosi has played 3 games in a team that's stumbling at the bottom of their league. It's a great place to ruin your football career I reckon and I think Postecoglou thinks that also. The China Syndrome.

It was a ripping bit of news I must say. Can't believe I forgot to put that here.

I just bought a new shirt FFS

Yeah great move, save the novelty for finals, Hindmarsh is our ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was written in the papers as a done deal a week ago, obviously the club held that for one reason or another.

Can you blame him ?? Takes him to 25-26 and in the prime of his career and if he shows natural improvement he deserves another crack in Europe.

What it does do though is give Elsey and Tongyik another year to grow and develop into more than adequate replacements.

Definitely don't blame him. I was expecting a 2 year deal though. A 1 year deal pretty much means he wants to leave after next season. Again, I don't blame him because if he puts in another brilliant season in 16/17 European clubs will come calling.

Why is it that every time we start a new season away we always play on a bloody Sunday with our first home game only 5 days after?

I'm also surprised that our only away game against the team we conquered on May 1 is at GWS's home ground & not at ANZ?

Ruon Tongyik has quit the club citing a lack of opportunity. I'm absolutely staggered about this, it seems he is headed to Melbourne City.

He has the same agent as Kamau, something tells me the agent fees must be pretty good. I'm really annoyed, this kid was one I was really looking forward to seeing in the ACL.

Back