Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2003
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
VFL bye again this week which makes selection even more interesting.

In the official best Simpkin, Polkinghorne and J. Merrett. Crowley, Kommer, Edwards and Grimley in the goals.

So I would like to see:

Out: Brown, Dempsey, Cooney, McKernan
In: Kommer, Grimley, J. Merrett, Edwards

B: Dea, Hartley, Gleeson
HB: Goddard, Ambrose, Francis
C: J. Merrett, Zaharakis, Z. Merrett
HF: McDonald-Tipungwuti, Daniher, Fantasia
F: Langford, Grimley, Kommer
R: Leuenberger, Parish, Hams
Int from: Edwards, Laverde, Kelly, McKenna, Brown, Dempsey, Cooney

I see no point at all in bringing in Kommer. Next to no chance of being at the club next year and his form has hardly warranted a recall.

Who was decent in the VFL yesterday? Probably not many judging by the scoreline. But yeah, I'd rather give someone like Redman another go.

Adelaide by plenty and plenty more.

I see no point at all in bringing in Kommer. Next to no chance of being at the club next year and his form has hardly warranted a recall.

Who was decent in the VFL yesterday? Probably not many judging by the scoreline. But yeah, I'd rather give someone like Redman another go.

Adelaide by plenty and plenty more.

The kids weren't in the best 6 (Redman, Morgan, Eades, Long..)

I guess we can give players "farewell" matches (already looking at bringing Crowley in next week to tag Dangerfield!)

*sigh*

I know I should go, but Crows fans are unbearable at the best of times.

I have a 40th to go to on Sunday from 4pm - 6pm. I'm actually not too upset by that at all as I think this could become a triple figure loss given Adelaide got exposed by Geelong and will want to win well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have;-

OUT: McKernan, Brown
IN: Michael, Bird

Dea Hartley Kelly
Dempsey Ambrose Gleeson
Langford Bird Parish
Laverde Daniher Zakka
Cooney Francis Fantasia

Leuenberger Goddard Z.Merrett

Bench from: Tippa Hams McKenna Michael

Last edited:
Personally i think we play Cooney until the end of the year. At this stage there is nothing to be gained by forcing him to finish his career in the seconds and it does not hurt us one way or the other. Make the Dogs game a bit of a farewell day for him, i think their fans would be on board with that.

Bird back in. Need to see my VFL mans report before i make a comment on anyone else in.

Personally i think we play Cooney until the end of the year. At this stage there is nothing to be gained by forcing him to finish his career in the seconds and it does not hurt us one way or the other. Make the Dogs game a bit of a farewell day for him, i think their fans would be on board with that.

Bird back in. Need to see my VFL mans report before i make a comment on anyone else in.

Yeah you're probably right with this - Cooney wasn't great on the weekend but he certainly wasn't alone...!!

was cooney's kicking always THIS bad?

i know he was never completely lace out delivery but he was missing easy kicks. the one running down the wing and he had 4 targets and kicked in between them all was really poor.

Cooney is also on 245-6 games, if he's fit you've gotta give him an opportunity to make 250.
246. Maybe plays against Adelaide, Geelong, Gold Coast and plays his 250th and final game against WB.

The VFL team got pumped as well so not many guys knocking down the door for selection. Dempsey probably in the gun for poor discipline. Happy for the other 21 to have another crack or no change at all. Bird has a sore quad so may not be available they are saying. Redman to get another crack perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back