AE AE 2021 PIGSKIN PICKEM - PAGE 33 ENTRY LINK

Entry Fee and Prizes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I changed my tip 5 times in the last 10 minutes.
To the Eagles? Why?
Bad luck mate looks like I just pipped you.

Thought I’d screwed it up by selecting Fins and Panthers because I thought Bills and Saints would rest their best players.

To the Eagles? Why?
Bad luck mate looks like I just pipped you.

Thought I’d screwed it up by selecting Fins and Panthers because I thought Bills and Saints would rest their best players.

Given I was leading going into SNF, I figured you'd switch to PHI. So I figured I wasnt massively into WAS anyway (even though I picked them in Streak) so this would cover me.....

I wasnt too bothered by that, after the "no hats and shirts" talk coming out of Philly. I didnt rate Washington and still dont.

Eagles looked fine - then they bench Hurts and basically make no effort after that.

So the Chargers get me by letting the Raiders score very late, then the Eagles bench hurts when he's going well enough that Washington couldnt stop him.

Annoyed, but thats the way it goes.

That's a wrap folks!!

Congratulations to the winners of AE2020

OVERALL CR CHAMPION
Broken

NEXT DUEL CHAMPION
TheGreatBarryB

DROP ZONE ELIMINATION CHAMPION
peterbuch74

HIGH ROLLER SWEEPSTAKES CHAMPION
JeffDunne

3XKO CHAMPION
Joint winners arakaan / bgt2110

HOT STREAK CHAMPION
To be determined after checking back over site results

Huge thanks to peterbuch74 for his efforts in keeping the season running, i doubt people really understand the challenges this season with changed scheduling and postponed games in the NFL. This was a challenge for JeffDunne and the website but PB stepped up and kept his manual records so that we could all have weekly results.

Thanks JeffDunne for maintaining and setting up the website which is the foundation of the competition. There were hiccups along the way due to the previous mentioned scheduling and changes but each time i contacted JD he quickly fixed the problem so that it didn't stop us from being able to tip each week.

Thanks to Dirty Bird for the fixture and manually keeping records of the 3xko tips people made, really appreciated.

These were the 3 guys who made the competition a success this year.

If the comp runs next year I think a small admin fee should be left aside and paid to guys who run this, seems like a lot of work

$70 each for admin $2 for comp entry ...it's pretty much a job for poor old PB, we need to pay him like one. :(

What is the tiebreaker?
It’ll be most tips

So say someone blows 2 in week 1, then survive the gauntlet with 1 pick. They’d have made 19 tips (2 incorrect)
Whereas someone who blows a strike in week 3 then another in week 10 only going 7 rounds with 1 pick have made 30 picks. (2 incorrect)

That person did a better job to survive as more and more teams become unavailable as the season rolls on.

Was about week 14 or 15 I decided this was happening next year.
But I’m not going to change this year and say, arakaan, you need bgt to **** up as he’s gonna win on tiebreakers.

OVERALL CR LEADERBOARD (FINAL)

View attachment 1035717

MASTER SPREADSHEET FOR THE SEASON

View attachment 1035716
Definitely would have taken an outright podium before the season, Obviously annoyed to get within 18 points of the win but still a breakout AE performance for me, Pretty stoked.

Huge thanks to peterbuch74 for his efforts in keeping the season running, i doubt people really understand the challenges this season with changed scheduling and postponed games in the NFL. This was a challenge for JeffDunne and the website but PB stepped up and kept his manual records so that we could all have weekly results.

Thanks JeffDunne for maintaining and setting up the website which is the foundation of the competition. There were hiccups along the way due to the previous mentioned scheduling and changes but each time i contacted JD he quickly fixed the problem so that it didn't stop us from being able to tip each week.

Thanks to Dirty Bird for the fixture and manually keeping records of the 3xko tips people made, really appreciated.

These were the 3 guys who made the competition a success this year.
Co-Signed.

A big thanks to everyone who worked to keep this thing running in a ass-backwards year. Thanks to all the players who took part and keep it alive <3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maiden AE title :thumbsu:

As always, this is a wonderfully challenging competition with or without the cash (I hope I can score a badge though) and moreso with the ever changing season - massive respect for the guys who kept it running. Great job bgt2110 peterbuch74 JeffDunne and Dirty Bird

It’ll be most tips

So say someone blows 2 in week 1, then survive the gauntlet with 1 pick. They’d have made 19 tips (2 incorrect)
Whereas someone who blows a strike in week 3 then another in week 10 only going 7 rounds with 1 pick have made 30 picks. (2 incorrect)

That person did a better job to survive as more and more teams become unavailable as the season rolls on.

Was about week 14 or 15 I decided this was happening next year.
But I’m not going to change this year and say, arakaan, you need bgt to **** up as he’s gonna win on tiebreakers.

Just was interested in what it was.

Sounds fair enough.

Thanks to all to keep this running this year, most appreciated.

I dont think those running it should get part of the entry fee though - I think the few people involved should simply not have to pay to enter.

(I realise this achieves the same as the other suggestion, but its more symbolic)

Thanks to all to keep this running this year, most appreciated.

I dont think those running it should get part of the entry fee though - I think the few people involved should simply not have to pay to enter.

(I realise this achieves the same as the other suggestion, but its more symbolic)
The only person who I believe this should be in effect for is whoever is paying for the website.

The only person who I believe this should be in effect for is whoever is paying for the website.

I think that goes without saying, but there is a lot of time and effort in running these comps and I think that should be recognized.

Just my 5c.

I'd love to see AE up and running again... I'm happy to oversee things again, but... I don't have the time to manually check, double check, calculate and collate data the way it's had to be done. For the work and effort that JD has put in on the site, it's let down by people not putting in their tips at all, or forgetting early games etc. I've asked for years to have access to the database so that I can go in and correct the "default selections" for missed tips, but one reason or another that hasn't been possible.

So... I'm thinking that going forward to streamline the comp we may need to consider another NFL Confidence Pool tipping site that runs these comps for a living. In doing this, we'll have a rock solid base for the AE tipping, but we may have to forgo comps like 3XKO. Next Duel we could run, but it'd be purely offline based off the data from the site (so everything would be above board), and depending on what site we use we could introduce some new comps based off what they use.

I'm looking at a couple of options (both paid and free) already and testing them out when I've got time.

Back