AE AE 2021 PIGSKIN PICKEM - PAGE 33 ENTRY LINK

Entry Fee and Prizes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Plus like GG said. If you're swapping to the 14 point dog on MNF you're going to lose far more times than you win anyway.
And often the last game isnt a clear 15 CR selection. Could be switching 4 or 5 CR, which might be enough, abd often mightnt be. No harsh words when you do a 5 CR switch and win. I am sure many people switch their late game CR for various reasons other than just trying to steal a ND win. I often do it when i see too many Away teams have won and the amount of Home winners that week needs to rise. Or, a key player (or more) gets ruled out and suddenly the other team has a real chance.

The irony to this entire thing is

It was an inadvertent mistake on my part that caused it. Whilst I intended to take NE as a winner (figuring correctly that Peter would select Miami) and knowing our contest was likely to be close so therefore small differences would matter.

I inadvertently left them at 9 points instead of taking them to 2 or 3.

Our difference going into Monday was Peter by 5. If I had correctly done my picks, would never have had to flip.

Oops

:)

The old switcheroo cost me just a few weeks ago when I switched from bills to 9ers on only 2cr. AC qualified ahead of me for the nd playoffs by one point. :(

I also did a whoopsie in this week's tips like AC, meant to take Seattle not Washington. Was shocked when I saw it was red on the table.

Not immune to change at all ...if it makes sense. For example most of GG’s proposed changes to Alpha do not make sense

The two tier lottery was a fantastic idea.

Last edited:
In fact, any fantasy comp i join for now on I'll demand it has it. Nothing worse than teams who take no interest all year getting high picks when they don't deserve them (and tankers of course also).

Adds some more spice to the offseason also. Who doesn't love a lottery?

Hotstreak, avoid DZE, a ND win, have a chance to usurp the HRS leader that week if you switch....as well as....non-AE reasons like i said above, injury, etc. I am positive the practice of switching is very very common
But it takes no skill at all. There’s really no tactic to it.

Thing is if I was a few points behind bgt coming into the last game and I work out switch will win me the game then it’s a no brainer. Fluke comes along I win. But I’m not the best tipper that week. But bgt never has that same choice so it’s an unfair playing field. This just introduces luck, just putting it out there, couldn’t give a s**t if it remains the same.

No that’s not right at all. There is no skill in it whatsoever on swapping the last game, it becomes simply a necessity. And a player who has a higher cr and is the better tipper is at a distinct disadvantage. Even more so at the pointy end of the season

If you're the better tipper then you'll tip the winner 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which then makes the Week 2 playoffs look like this

Andy Reid Conference
#2 Peterbuch74 vs #8 AmericanCrow
#3 TheGreatBarryB vs #4 bgt2110

Brian Flores Conference
#1 statsman74 vs #4 Demonic Ascent
#2 Bipolarbear vs #3 WeDemBoyz
Next Duel Finals Week 2 results

View attachment 1031527

So through to the Conference Finals are
Andy Reid Conference
#3 TheGreatBarryB vs #8 AmericanCrow

Brian Flores Conference
#1 statsman74 vs #4 Demonic Ascent

While I'd love to continue for another week into the conference finals I think there's been an error here. I should've been up against statsman74 this week while Bipolarbear should've defeated WeDemBoyz keeping him alive for another week and into the conference finals against statsman74 this week.

Thing is if I was a few points behind bgt coming into the last game and I work out switch will win me the game then it’s a no brainer. Fluke comes along I win. But I’m not the best tipper that week. But bgt never has that same choice so it’s an unfair playing field. This just introduces luck, just putting it out there, couldn’t give a sh*t if it remains the same.

I disagree. BGT can anticipate your move and block it, and if correct to anticipate it, prevents your “upset”.

If we are playing for $$ he has a business decision to make. Obviously he would stick on Pittspuke. But he does have a choice as to what he values more.

I disagree. BGT can anticipate your move and block it, and if correct to anticipate it, prevents your “upset”.

If we are playing for $$ he has a business decision to make. Obviously he would stick on Pittspuke. But he does have a choice as to what he values more.
He has to make a choice, you don’t. That’s not a equal playing field

He has to make a choice, you don’t. That’s not a equal playing field

That also is not necessarily true.

If I were in top 10 of CR, decision on “wasting” 15 CR on the Bungles can impact final outcome in chase for top 3 spots.

Still a business decision

Happy to be a good sport and stick to my selections with no changes

You of course can post your picks and CR credit assigned first and I will follow.

(Defending Champion elects to defer to your post, because after all, who am I to argue with analytics)

Happy to be a good sport and stick to my selections with no changes

You of course can post your picks and CR credit assigned first and I will follow.

(Defending Champion elects to defer to your post, because after all, who am I to argue with analytics)

No need for that, like I said I would’ve done the same. Simply making a suggestion for next season

While I'd love to continue for another week into the conference finals I think there's been an error here. I should've been up against statsman74 this week while Bipolarbear should've defeated WeDemBoyz keeping him alive for another week and into the conference finals against statsman74 this week.

Sorry matey, you are correct... Have updated the post.
That's what happens when you rush things at work to get everything up on the site!

No need for that, like I said I would’ve done the same. Simply making a suggestion for next season

Congratulations. Just not my year this go around. Only fitting the Browns took me out.

Good luck in the finale.

Congratulations. Just not my year this go around. Only fitting the Browns took me out.

Good luck in the finale.

Thanks but there’s still 5 games to be played!

Back