AE AE 2021 PIGSKIN PICKEM - PAGE 33 ENTRY LINK

Entry Fee and Prizes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Years ago I was in favor of locking ALL picks in. Widely ridiculed so figured if you can’t beat em..join em.

I can see why you did that for a year where there is no $$ and you being a sporting fella.

I am but a ruthless American. ;)

Also if we WERE playing for $$ this season why would you give up your chance to cash in? BGT would have his own decision to make on which $$ was better to chase.

That is how the game is played
Oh don’t get me wrong. Too late for bgt the boofhead to change his decision and I’m certainly not asking for it. Good lord no! And if I was him I’d go go CR win money or not.

just pointing out for next year

My all-in-one master spreadsheet

Wk15-Overall.jpg

Congrats to Kadog for earning High Roller qualification this week.
Commiserations to Broken, Chiefs Fan and Demonic Ascent for crashing out in Drop Zone Elim.

Next Duel Finals Week 2 results

ANDY REID CONFERENCE PLAYOFFS WEEK 2
#2 PETERBUCH74 99 DEFEATED BY #8 AMERICAN CROW 109
#3 TGBB 103
DEFEATS #4 BGT 101

BRIAN FLORES CONFERENCE PLAYOFFS WEEK 2
#1 STATSMAN74 104
DEFEATS #4 DEMONIC ASCENT 93
#2 BIPOLARBEAR 94
DEFEATS #3 WEDEMBOYZ 65

So through to the Conference Finals are
Andy Reid Conference
#3 TheGreatBarryB vs #8 AmericanCrow

Brian Flores Conference
#1 statsman74 vs #2 Bipolarbear

Last edited:
We've had this debate before. Locking all selections or allowing late switches. Imo, having freedom to switch is good, adds a layer of tactics.

I agree. Keeps people interested/active that might be dead in stuff like CR by week 8. Best for the comp to have as many people interested as possible deep into the season.

Plus , the fake out is always fun. If you're ahead going into the last game of the week in ND you can always anticipate your opponents move and switch to the outsider if you want. ;) ...would take balls of steel but the option is there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. Keeps people interested/active that might be dead in stuff like CR by week 8. Best for the comp to have as many people interested as possible deep into the season.
Risk reward too. A switch like that could harm your CR leaderboard slot, if it doesnt come off. Do you throw a hail mary in ND playoffs, or play it safe for CR or HRS or DZE etc.

Plus , the fake out is always fun. If you're ahead going into the last game of the week in ND you can always anticipate your opponents move and switch to the outsider if you want. ;) ...would take balls of steel but the option is there.
The double and triple switcharooney

Risk reward too. A switch like that could harm your CR leaderboard slot, if it doesnt come off. Do you throw a hail mary in ND playoffs, or play it safe for CR or HRS or DZE etc.
No that’s not right at all. There is no skill in it whatsoever on swapping the last game, it becomes simply a necessity. And a player who has a higher cr and is the better tipper is at a distinct disadvantage. Even more so at the pointy end of the season

I have done that before—and surely would this week

Did you hear that Barry??

:)

No that’s not right at all. There is no skill in it whatsoever on swapping the last game, it becomes simply a necessity. And a player who has a higher cr and is the better tipper is at a distinct disadvantage. Even more so at the pointy end of the season

For a person who hates change as much as you usually do I'm Impressed with the progress you've made, Bazz. 👍

The thing I love about AE is that it is unique to other tipping comps. Taking away the old classic Monday night switcheroo is taking away part of the comps fun.

Back