List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my doubts about being able to get both Gorringe and Ryder in one trade period but why do you say that?
IMO Ryder could easily take O'Sheas spot and Gorringe play third KPF.
Not saying it should happen but that it could happen.
Your pick 16 will go to Ryder. A second rounder maybe enough for Gorringe. There is talk a couple of players like Young and Newton may want to move on so maybe they could be traded.

We shouldn't waste our time on chasing "required" players. Just wait to see who gets delisted and then try and entice them to west lakes with generous contracts.
Consider Spangher and Frawley. Spangher got to the hawks as a journeyman and played in gf. Frawley is highly regarded and also set to be a hawk by some reports. Which one would you prefer? For mine I'm thinking I would have Spangher. He has been in a lot more squads that there were pressure from within for spots, while Frawley has been pretty much a walk up start in a dud team. Thaughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Your pick 16 will go to Ryder. A second rounder maybe enough for Gorringe. There is talk a couple of players like Young and Newton may want to move on so maybe they could be traded.
It will have to be players as I don't think they'll be happy with just our very late second round pick, but who would GCS want? They do have everything or close to it.

My mate says JC is still interested in crossing to us in this years trade period but said our coach hunt is vital for his decision as previously stated. Hes a bit in the dark at the moment. Info isn't easy to come by at the moment.

Not having a coach for start of trade time will hurt us. This is a fact. He said he will let me know as soon as news comes to hand.

You do realise we're talking a ready made "back up" ruckman/insurance for Sauce, someone unlikely to get a lot of opportunities at AFL level??

Don't need a star just a "break glass in emergency" type, if we want to develop a future 1st class ruck do that through the draft.

I was speaking generally. However think laterally and It could be our new KPD. Then we just need an outside mid to fill our most pressing needs.

I'd like to see us send our second rounder to Collingwood for Keefe. Solid defender and can pinch hit in the ruck.

Is it really too much to ask for Cameron, Davis, Gorringe, Day, Aish, Bassett, Clarkson, Dew and ROK? I am fed up with all the debate now. See you next week after all these have been announced.

Is it really too much to ask for Cameron, Davis, Gorringe, Day, Aish, Bassett, Clarkson, Dew and ROK? I am fed up with all the debate now. See you next week after all these have been announced.
You forgot Gary Ablett

I'd like to see us send our second rounder to Collingwood for Keefe. Solid defender and can pinch hit in the ruck.
Only seen him once; he was really, really awful on Jenkins. Collingwood supporters were saying they'd never seen anyone having such a negative influence in a match.

I guess anyone can have a 'mare though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only seen him once; he was really, really awful on Jenkins. Collingwood supporters were saying they'd never seen anyone having such a negative influence in a match.

I guess anyone can have a 'mare though!
He was destroyed by Jenkins in our first against the Pies this year and then completely took him out of the game in the second game at the g.

It will have to be players as I don't think they'll be happy with just our very late second round pick, but who would GCS want? They do have everything or close to it.
You guys have the third youngest list, are in a premiership window so I wouldnt be too insistant about getting some young ones in this draft.

If we use all our chips with Ryder and Gorringe ends up at the Crows watch them change their mind again. :D
Of course if Gorringe gets to Adelaide the fans will embrace him even if at first they didn't agree with his recruitment. Once he's part of the team the dynamics change, we would embrace Butcher if he joined us..........................eventually! What's so unusual about that?
Must be a special feeling PAF, to be part of the most magnanimous supporter base in Australia. Guess it comes with being everyone's second favourite team, you can feel the love.

We have a lot to learn from our fair minded and impartial neighbours.

You do realise Noble has been our list manager for a fair while now, and is doing that same exact job during this period? The coaching situation is all we have to resolve before trade period starts.

Yeah of course I do, just mucking around. I'm rarely serious. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back