AFL 2017 - R1 - Carlton v Richmond, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre game David King telling us Dustin Martin is the best contested player the game has seenover the last 7 years. **** how does this guy get paid to talk s**t?

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Good player Martin.

David King is a surprise guest coming up in the show " the Last resort" stay tuned lol

Illl pencil Carlton in for the spoon, absolutely zero defensive structure and Richmond in 13th. Carlton were a mess and still kicked 14 goals.

Illl pencil Carlton in for the spoon, absolutely zero defensive structure and Richmond in 13th. Carlton were a mess and still kicked 14 goals.
I am not too worried about the defence at the moment because Rance performed at a lower standard that he does. He had a bit of an interrupted preseason towards the end so I expect him to become better as the weeks roll on.

Also, I think that we can make some changes to our backline to bring through players with better decision-making and composure. Not panic stations for me right now.

We were experimenting with a new backline. We were okay defensively last year so I think it will only get better from here.
Marchbank looked good. We called it experimenting, the AFL called it tanking. :)

Take your word on it considering your a melbourne fan and know heaps about what it takes to make bottom 4.

As to the blues kicking 14 goals, how often will they kick 14.4 ? They were super accurate tonight, good on them. In the third when they kicked there 5 straight goals, we still managed to generate 7 scoring shots that quarter but unfortunatly kicked 2.5, only if we had of kicked straight. Simply our game plan has changed, what we saw last night was our backs and forwards still learning it, was the reason we got caught out. Simply put, if we can keep a side to 18 or so scoring shots for a game and generate 40 ourselves while also leading the tackle count and adding the pressure we did, we will win a lot more games this year.

But you go on and enjoy your melbourne and saints game with 23k people lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or that they just won a game.
Sainters better not celebrate at all, thats if they even win.
Takes 10 wins for saints to celebrate, even release a DVD...

Carltank already?
I know early days , but not showing much improvement on last season.

They had some younger players who showed something at various times so they have something to work with. Only time will tell if they improve. You'd hate to think they are happy to cruise along to get a draft pick because that would be just wasting the season. The sooner they start winning games, even if it's only 4-6 for the season, the better they will be in the long run.

No mention of Prestia by anyone. Was a class above everyone on the ground bar Martin. So much time with the ball and makes great decisions.
Thought Carlton played some good footy and wouldn't be at all pessimistic going forward. One Cripps hits his straps, Murphy, Gibbs and Krueser all very good players who played well tonight. Silvani is class not to mention Marchbank and Weitering. They badly need a couple of quick running wingman types but the bones are there. Biggest issue is fast tracking young players before the older ones start to run out of legs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back