AFL 2017 - R1 - Carlton v Richmond, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The way I see it Dusty's got 3 main issues:
1) chopsticks
2) getting arrested
3) getting suspended for stupidity

Once he overcomes these he'll be a lock to take Charlie home...
1) Sure you didnt want to use a 9th joke? They are both so original
2) Has never happened.
3) Hasn't happened in about 5 years.

So he really has 0 main issues! Great.

Dunno about Richmond. Would have to be a bit of a worry that we matched them in a lot of the key categories. Without Dusty they would have looked pretty poor tonight. But round 1 is always tough to read.
? 13 more inside 50s, 21 more tackles while having more disposals, won in clearances and contested possessions even with your midfield being where your best players play. You won frees 25-12 tho I guess.

Tigers players, fans and officials to sing the song 5 or 6 times and carry on like they just won the flag.

Some things never change.
Yeah how dare we enjoy the win and sing our club song with enjoyment after our first win of the season, season opener for the AFL season after not seeing any foot for 6 months.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Tigers players, fans and officials to sing the song 5 or 6 times and carry on like they just won the flag.

Some things never change.

I actually thought none of the Tiger players looked overly impressed with their efforts immediately after the siren.

It would have been fairly obvious to the senior Richmond players that other than the excellent forward pressure from their small forwards the side as whole was deplorable defensively.

If I were a Carlton fan I'd have walked away from the G feeling pretty optimistic. Ground zero, but Weitering, Marchbank, Pickett, Macreadie, SPS all showed plenty and Cripps was obviously miles off his best after his preseason.

Structure was woeful but that's not a criticism of Bolton, there's so much more upshot in this system than the damage control of last year.

Wasn't overly impressed with Caddy but if it means Dusty isn't wasted in a more defensive role, perfect. Have to be happy with Nankervis, Prestia and Rioli. Richmond will get slaughtered by better countering sides playing that footy though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno about Richmond. Would have to be a bit of a worry that we matched them in a lot of the key categories. Without Dusty they would have looked pretty poor tonight. But round 1 is always tough to read.

Given Carlton's defence has been its strength under Bolton (eight teams conceded more points in 2016), to let through 20 goals/13 goalkickers would've been disappointing for Bolton. Carlton fielded the three tallest teams in its history in 2016 and were 2cm+ taller than Richmond, but maybe the mix wasn't quite right despite the big win in contested marks.

When is Carlton's next game at the MCG, they have now lost seven from their past ten matches at the home of footy. I remember last year in round 17 they only lost by six points to West Coast at the MCG.

Jacob Weitering is the story for me. If he Continues to play up forward he'll be up there as one of the best key forwards in the league in a few years imo. Just a natural footballer and it's scary that he's a teenager.

why did he play back in juniors ?

Will et at least a week for that....

vlastuin is tough as a german tank

lucky it wasnt houli

I actually thought none of the Tiger players looked overly impressed with their efforts immediately after the siren.

It would have been fairly obvious to the senior Richmond players that other than the excellent forward pressure from their small forwards the side as whole was deplorable defensively.
Still rust for a number of key players, first real game of the year, Carlton game is always a crap-shoot yet we won it comfortably, lots of upside.

There's more to like than dislike from our performance which is the main point. It's just one game, hardly any need for people to trash either side because of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back