AFL 2017 - R9 - Fremantle v Carlton - 14:40 AWST, Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, your inability to kick more than four goals in three quarters had absolutely nothing to do with the result.:drunk:
Given we played without a bench for most of that, yeah no worries. If were 8 goals up like we should have been not kicking goals with no bench wouldn't have mattered so much.

Started well Carlton, go the jump on us. Played some good footy, effort was there for most of the match. A lot of what Carlton did stopped linking up or paying any kind of return as the game went on.
Still, looking more promising than they have for a while.
edit: Injuries didn't help you guys either, hope they are none too bad.
Commiserations Blues fans.

I have to work on actually liking my team/club. It would be nice if we were a team which didn't play so ugly and score so little most of the time.

Last edited:
I have to work on actually liking my team/club. It would be nice if we were a team which didn't play so ugly and score so little most of the time.

WTF!? I swear we have a disproportionately high number of ******* supporters. Considering it had rained for th best part of 12 hours leading into the game and then rained for at least half of the game I reckon that was a pretty decent score. :thumbsdown:

You can plug away to miss the 8 and have your captain leave at seasons end, we will be fine thanks.

Fyfe played his worst game of the season and we still easily accounted for you flogs. Neale better than your whole midfield combined.

Mainly though I'm quoting this so it's easy to find when Fyfe signs a huge deal with Freo. :thumbsu:

Fyfe played his worst game of the season and we still easily accounted for you flogs. Neale better than your whole midfield combined.

Mainly though I'm quoting this so it's easy to find when Fyfe signs a huge deal with Freo. :thumbsu:
He is emotionally checked out, didn't have his heart in it today and it was obvious

You don't get this late in the game and decide to re-sign, it's over.

Started well Carlton, go the jump on us. Played some good footy, effort was there for most of the match. A lot of what Carlton did stopped linking up or paying any kind of return as the game went on.
Still, looking more promising than they have for a while.
edit: Injuries didn't help you guys either, hope they are none too bad.
Commiserations Blues fans.

The footy that Freo has played this year from round 3 onwards has been fantastic to watch. Number one side in the AFL for playing directly through the corridor. Some of the best and quickest ball movement that Freo has ever played.

WTF!? I swear we have a disproportionately high number of ******* supporters. Considering it had rained for th best part of 12 hours leading into the game and then rained for at least half of the game I reckon that was a pretty decent score. :thumbsdown:

I was thinking more of your general style of play. There has been more than a fair amount of it over this season and previous which has been low scoring, ugly, shut-down style footy.
I wasn't just talking about today.
As far as today is concerned, go and look at the grounds on which teams used to play. It used to really matter whether it rained or not on those surfaces.
Sure it was wet, but the surface was otherwise well manicured.

Now can I start throwing names back? Just because I don't see every last thing that Freo does as being in some way brilliant doesn't mean the knives have to come out.
Seems to me Freo has a high proportion of fans who drink the coolaid and can't have an independent thought.

He is emotionally checked out, didn't have his heart in it today and it was obvious

Yeah heard it all before and how many Freo players have left of their own accord on Ross's watch?

If it is true can only hope he is not stupid enough to go to a perennial loser club like Carlton.

Mate, think you need to switch teams. The footy that Freo has played this year from round 3 onwards has been exciting and fantastic to watch. Number one side in the AFL for playing directly through the corridor. Some of the best and quickest ball movement we have ever had.

When we regularly score a decent amount more than the opposition I'll get back in my box. We don't. many of our wins have been skin of the teeth.

Seem to recall our last captain waited to the end of the year to re-sign. So did Lachie Neale last year. But you would know best, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah heard it all before and how many Freo players have left of their own accord on Ross's watch?

If it is true can only hope he is not stupid enough to go to a perennial loser club like Carlton.
He wouldn't serve us any purpose, try st kilda or someone actually pushing for finals.

If we are going to cap soak with 1 player it may as well be a bulldogs boyd type deal so we get a young kp player that fits our age profile not a current superstar on the decline as our list grows.

He wouldn't serve us any purpose, try st kilda or someone actually pushing for finals.

If we are going to cap soak with 1 player it may as well be a bulldogs boyd type deal so we get a young kp player that fits our age profile not a current superstar on the decline as our list grows.

Would be your best Midfielder, Forward, and Defender. All at the same time.

Lol...sounds like Carlton had a moral victory to me. What do you think Plugger35 ?

Yes they did and Carlton looked pretty good at times today, like they did against us, they just lack the forward firepower to make it count on the scoreboard

The footy that Freo has played this year from round 3 onwards has been fantastic to watch. Number one side in the AFL for playing directly through the corridor. Some of the best and quickest ball movement that Freo has ever played.

You weren't fantastic to watch today, even allowing for the conditions it was far from a convincing performance, the scoreboard flattered Freo in the end.

Yes it was and Carlton looked pretty good at times today, like they did against us last week, they just lack the forward firepower t make it cash in on it.

You weren't fantastic to watch today, even allowing for the conditions it was far from a convincing performance, the scoreboard flattered Freo in the end.

Acknowledging that you are undeniably top five. Do you think you are in fact the biggest flog on Big Footy?

Acknowledging that you are undeniably top five. Do you think you are in fact the biggest flog on Big Footy?

Well I'm sure I would be if it was just Freo supporters voting on it, I seem to be public enemy no.1 as far as your supporters are concerned.

Funny, the stats tell a different story. Keep on trolling Plugs.

Well I'm sure I would be if it was just Freo supporters voting on it, I seem to be public enemy no.1 as far as your supporters are concerned.

Disagree. On balance, I'd say Freo supporters pity you. It must be terribly sad to be so bitter about Lyon leaving when it happened 6 years ago. I think you should move on. Might be therapeutic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back