Fans' Best on Ground, in partnership with Google: Jarrod Cameron

INJURIES
West Coast:
Cripps (adductor)
Collingwood: Moore (hamstring)

Reports: Nil

Umpires: Margetts, Stevic, Stephens

Review the game here

That second half was really worrying from an Eagles point of view. Couldn’t believe they only scored one point in that last quarter. It’s not even really the forward lines fault, it barely got in there.

Gaff is also not the player he was last year. Maybe the hit took a psychological toll on him, no idea.

I am still on the fence for the Eagles. They still haven’t really got going and their record against the rest of the top 8 is pretty ordinary. If you look at the stats from last year to this year it is night and day. I don’t know, they look off to me.

12 goals kicked between the two teams in the first quarter, 11 goals kicked between the two teams for the remainder of the game.

Happens every time these days whenever you see a high scoring 1st quarter. The fun police (coaches) step in and make sure it never happens again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best first quarter I have seen for the year then Collingwood turned Optus stadium into the SCG for the
rest of the game (made the ground smaller) which I guess is good coaching, but not great to watch
unless you support Collingwood. Mihocek was BOG, who would have predicted Roughead and Mihocek
being so pivotal to Collingwood as the main men.

That second half was really worrying from an Eagles point of view. Couldn’t believe they only scored one point in that last quarter. It’s not even really the forward lines fault, it barely got in there.

Gaff is also not the player he was last year. Maybe the hit took a psychological toll on him, no idea.

I am still on the fence for the Eagles. They still haven’t really got going and their record against the rest of the top 8 is pretty ordinary. If you look at the stats from last year to this year it is night and day. I don’t know, they look off to me.
When you look at it, we,ve only played four qtrs once all year and that was last week.

Weve beaten collingwood at the g
Giants at home
Crows in adelaide

3 top 8 teams - 2 away from home.
Weve lost to 3 top 8 teams

Still havnt lost a game away at the g

Room for improvement - yes - panic stations - no

In hindsight we shouldnt have played kennedy last night - was an absolute passenger and obviously still carrying the effects of the flu.

We lost by one point

Giants at home
Crows in adelaide

In hindsight we shouldnt have played kennedy last night - was an absolute passenger and obviously still carrying the effects of the flu.

We lost by one point

Lost to Collingwood, Geelong, Brisbane, Port. I also assume eagles lose to Richmond but that is an assumption of mine so maybe not.

I didn’t say it was panic stations. I am just pointing out that compared to last year, it looks bad stats wise. Last night highlighted the Eagles problem this year; playing four quarters. It’s not as if that match was in isolation; all year they have struggled to compete for an extended period of time. A lot of their wins have been papering over cracks. So yes, last night was only a 1 point loss, but it just emphasises their current weakness.

That’s why I am still a little dubious about them.

Giants at home
Crows in adelaide

We lost by one point
Definitely not panic stations. One goal the other way, Eagles up by 5 points and no one would be saying anything.

*other than Richmond supporters calling Collingwood ‘brave’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back