Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 7 - Blues v Port Sun July 19th 1:05 AEST (Gabba) Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually punched a hole through my wall after that last play and robbies clutch goal.

lucky I wasn’t at a game and had port supported in front of me, reckon I was so angry I would have literally ripped one of their heads off

let’s see, free kick count is evengoing into last quarter, suddenly Port finishes with 7 more frees than us.

Ive already highlighted more than a few frees to port in that last quarter that were completely wrong, so if port got 7 more frees In that quarter while being allowed to blatantly block marks and hold jumpers etc, it’s only logical that we were the ones that they missed the frees for
Your young blokes panicked in that last quarter. Hence the added frees.

Your young blokes panicked in that last quarter. Hence the added frees.

oh really, so a free against Cripps for a throw in the centre when it was clear as day a handball, umpire wasn’t even in proper position to see it so he just guessed it was a throw because he reckoned their was no way Cripps could get a hand ball off.

or the blatant block on jones to allow Dickson to mark and goal, is clear as day that Dickson team mate looked backed at jones and backed into him without looking at ball once yet ump let’s it go.

not McKay getting pinged in our goal square when we are up by 7 points, for what no one knows, port player has a fistful of McKay’s jumper .
So let’s cancel out our missed creeds with their kisses frees, they still got pairs for things that were completely wrong.

not to memotion, one of our player tries to break through a tackle, and umpire literally blows his whistle so fast before it’s even clear if breaking the tackle can be successful or not

oh really, so a free against Cripps for a throw in the centre when it was clear as day a handball, umpire wasn’t even in proper position to see it so he just guessed it was a throw because he reckoned their was no way Cripps could get a hand ball off.

or the blatant block on jones to allow Dickson to mark and goal, is clear as day that Dickson team mate looked backed at jones and backed into him without looking at ball once yet ump let’s it go.

not McKay getting pinged in our goal square when we are up by 7 points, for what no one knows, port player has a fistful of McKay’s jumper .
So let’s cancel out our missed creeds with their kisses frees, they still got pairs for things that were completely wrong.

not to memotion, one of our player tries to break through a tackle, and umpire literally blows his whistle so fast before it’s even clear if breaking the tackle can be successful or not
I agree that some frees weren't paid for Carlton, but those frees for Port were legitimate. The umpiring was shocking for both sides the whole game.

People crapping on about 4am flights and how tough they’ve had it etc etc, yet to play a tough team to had it reasonably easy. My point is if port were as good as all their supporters claim they wouldn’t give up a 3 goal head start like they did. Good on them for winning, was a good game. But isn’t this normal port Adelaide power? Beat the minnows then fall off the cliff?

A game and percentage clear after playing six out of seven games away from home including wins against opponents like West Coast and GWS, not sure what else we can do

Guess we'll have to beat last year's All Australian team to get some recognition

Boy. So negative. Umps this n that. Enjoy. I'm grateful for all and sundry format giving us something in these miserable time's. Everyone is doing their best. Respect the opposition. They're just like you! They want it. That said, I would've loved seeing Fish in out Murph! lol.

Boy. So negative. Umps this n that. Enjoy. I'm grateful for all and sundry format giving us something in these miserable time's. Everyone is doing their best. Respect the opposition. They're just like you! They want it. That said, I would've loved seeing Fish in out Murph! lol.
Why hasn't Fisher come in? I was hoping he'd come in this week but he never did.

A game and percentage clear after playing six out of seven games away from home including wins against opponents like West Coast and GWS, not sure what else we can do

Guess we'll have to beat last year's All Australian team to get some recognition
Nah he's right, this is typical Port. We've seen your mob do this sort of thing a number of times under Hinckley and its never amounted to anything. You have 4 legit hurdles in finals footy...not regular season ball. Richmond, Collingwood, Brisbane and WCE. I wouldn't put too much on beating an out of form West Coast, try them again in the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually punched a hole through my wall after that last play and robbies clutch goal.

lucky I wasn’t at a game and had port supported in front of me, reckon I was so angry I would have literally ripped one of their heads off

Calm down yah edge lord.

I was at this game. Nicholls umpiring its usual 2/10. Not liked in QLD at all.

Cripps throw decision and a couple of the Dixon frees were deplorable.

Port got the way better rub but probably should have kicked straight. An awesome game ruined by some appalling umpiring. And I'm an umpire coach to 9 teens who would have done better

Hudson's call of the final kick was crap.

Just call it like you are a fan, get excited and yell a bit.

That monologue was so out of time and forced. The ball is sailing through the post and he's waffling on building to his stupid "Robbie Great" clincher without explaining yet that it's a goal.

Did not sound genuine, trying to get a sound bite, timing was way off.
Commentators should be hubbing in Queensland and it’s for moments like that. They have no idea whether the ball is going through for a goal or a behind. They also can’t call fast breaks without being able to see ahead of the ball. It’s just so lazy and substandard from the broadcasters.

Game should have been over if umpire doesn’t pluck out a crap free against McKay in Carltons goal square... port player had McKay’s still in his hand even after umpire blew the whistle.

after that, its sad to say but my team choked, we had more than enough opportunities to clear the ball from defence and each time we kept kicking it long without looking for a better option.

Oh well, a year or two ago and we lose by 80 points to a team playing the way that port played today!
still positive
Haha Carlton complaining about unfair frees. Now I’ve heard everything.

BoTh SiDeS...
fu** off, Port had the rub of the green all game.

Ease up .......... !!

The umpires had little to do with us losing and we had everything to do with it.

We were beaten by .... a lack of experience & nouse in the final minutes. They gave us the ball three times by missing some dead-set sodas yet we kept giving it back to them.

Its disappointing to lose but we can only blame ourselves and hopefully learn from it.

Last edited:
Good game. Tough outcome for us but proud of the fight we showed. Well done port - you are making every post a winner. Blues will win plenty more this season. Yet to play a lot of the bottom teams yet, crows, kangas, swans, freo, hawks. If we are to develop as a team we have to win those games.

Back