Autopsy AFL 2021 Finals Week 1 - EF1 Dogs v Bombers Sun August 29th 3:30pm EST (Uni of Tas)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He missed some absolute sitters and kicked one out on the full.

It was almost laughable our goal kicking in the last clash. We hit the post 5 times and most of them were within 20m.

Meanwhile Wright was kicking 55m bombs from the boundary line.
You say that as if it's rare. Wright is a good kick for goal. He does that quite frequently.

Probably the final neutrals are looking forward to the most.
For the lols.
If Dogs lose, they lose their last three, blowing a double chance and then get booted straight out with a finals loss.
For the Dons, doesn’t need saying.. just another year without a finals win.
Both are hysterical.
I can’t decide which it is I want to see more?

Martin to return and Dogs to find their mojo. Been a great season by the Dons but I think this will be curtains and next year looks very bright.

Martin is cooked, underdone and in no way fit to resume.

Dogs, 10 pts. They could not possibly repeat some of those point blank misses

The dogs have major issues at the moment, no ruck, Bruce is a huge out in terms of structure on the fwd line & what he doesnt mark he brings to ground for the smaller players. With the forecast it should be wet & miserable and will depend on team selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young may be physically in better shape, but Martin has the ruck craft and smarts. I'd back him in despite his physical limitations; otherwise Draper will take Young and/or English to the cleaners.
Dogs supporters are sick of being uncompetitive in the ruck

It's a big part of the last 3 weeks

Way to be a Debbie Downer, just what we need during a covid lockdown.

Martin has played 1 game since round 7, has bugger all match fitness, it's called being realistic around expectations.

The dogs have major issues at the moment, no ruck, Bruce is a huge out in terms of structure on the fwd line & what he doesnt mark he brings to ground for the smaller players. With the forecast it should be wet & miserable and will depend on team selections.
Any chance the dogs could rest Weightman again !?!

Signs are good for us, making me more nervous

Dogs midfield balance seems out of whack. martin will be underdone. No bruce.

For us, we have selection squeeze issues. Midfield is humming and we have mcgrath back and he hit some form last week.

Its at tassie rather than marvel.
We'll have the crowd.

I dont like this.

For the lols.
If Dogs lose, they lose their last three, blowing a double chance and then get booted straight out with a finals loss.
For the Dons, doesn’t need saying.. just another year without a finals win.
Both are hysterical.
I can’t decide which it is I want to see more?

While it will be disappointing to lose I wouldn't call a the season a failure.

Win or lose we have taken great steps forward everyone tipped us bottom 4 and no chance of playing finals this year

Essendon on the way up this team is different to previous ones that made finals

Clark Keating made an art-form of that.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to see him have a good return game if selected, but I won’t be frustrated if he doesn’t play well due to that. Neither Dunkley or Treloar are playing at full match fitness either IMO and it does typically take players returning from long stints on the sideline time to regain form

Neither did Macrea, or Libba going into the 2016 Elimination final against West Coast.

they were injured in R19 against Geelong and didn’t miss 3 months of footy, both around the age of 22. Not 34

I hope so. Some of us wanted to roll the dice last week so win, lose or draw he had a game under his belt.
Alex Keath is a big one too. 2MP killed us last time and Keath is our best KPD, daylight second.
If Martin plays, how likely is it that Bevo plays him in the goal square to cover for Bruce and to compensate for his lack of match fitness, and to allow English to ruck?

Back