Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 9 - Hawks v North Sat May 15th 2:10pm EST (University of Tas)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • North by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Hawks just this bad at doing a rebuild?

I think Hawks will get there, when they focus on it.

Since taking isaac Smith in the first round in 2010:
2011: Didn't have a 1st round pick
2012: Didn't have a 1st round pick
2013: Didn't have a 1st round pick
2014: Didn't have a 1st round pick
2015: took Burton (Traded to Port for Winguard), took Lovell (delisted after 2 games)
2016: Didn't have a 1st round pick
2017: Didn't have a 1st round pick
2018: Didn't have a 1st round pick
2019: Took Will Day
2020: Took Grainger-Barras

They have found some decent prospects in later rounds, but they are lacking some top end younger talent. They will get there but it will take a bit of time. They had a great era, I am sure most supporters are happy they had their time in the sun, should have probably pulled the pin earlier rather than trade between 2016-2018.

He's a good honest player. Certainly far better than the average but below the top tier. Against us though he's Dick Reynolds, Bob Skilton and Dusty Martin rolled in to one.
Naah. He is top tier. Has been for a while. I'd say he is unfashionable, media pundits are notoriously error-ridden, they love a marketable look.

This is an IQ test to sort out folk who have a passing interest in the game, and those who actually watch the game. Yours is under 100, confirmed.

What a ridiculous comment. Arrogant to boot. Not to mention incorrect.

My comments were more than fair by the way, even in response to Kram bringing Mitchell (a Brownlow medallist) in to the conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a ridiculous comment. Arrogant to boot. Not to mention incorrect.

My comments were more than fair by the way, even in response to Kram bringing Mitchell (a Brownlow medallist) in to the conversation.
You're a football moron. There's no coming back from that now.

Absolute garbage. Cunnington is an elite inside mid.

At no stage have I suggested he is anything but a very good player. And I suggested against the Hawks he is unbelievable. Some severely twisted knickers by people who appear to hit 'reply' without even understanding what they are replying to.

At no stage have I suggested he is anything but a very good player. And I suggested against the Hawks he is unbelievable. Some severely twisted knickers by people who appear to hit 'reply' without even understanding what they are replying to.

perhaps you could list who's ahead of him as an inside mid..wouldn't be many

Someone unable to hold a football conversation without resorting to this tripe certainly is a moron. Well done on the irony.

See ya later Einstein.
Cunnington not elite...that's Kane Cornes territory. If you watch the footy closely, you will lose your moronic opinions gradually. There is hope. Don't despair.

And the coach who said that got crucified for it. Nothing pisses people off more than the truth.
The truth gets everybody in trouble, Jordon Lewis was 100% correct in his assessment of the Hawks. 5 years at least is the best option they have. Tell the truth in 2021, no matter what it is and you will be in the hot seat! Clarko needs to come out now and tell Hawk fans what's the plan? North could beat the Suns later in the year and maybe one other, where does that leave the Hawks as far as the spoon goes?

Cunnington not elite...that's Kane Cornes territory. If you watch the footy closely, you will lose your moronic opinions gradually. There is hope. Don't despair.

Mate based on the way you post and interact with others I'd say I've watched footy longer than you've been alive.

Anyway, at no stage did I say he wasn't elite. You're getting bent for no reason.

I said he wasn't on the top tier. The tier occupied by Pendlebury, Martin etc... but outside from that I was absolutely being complimentary of him. There was no slur on him at all.

You've missed the mark here by a fair way and to be honest the insults you're throwing based on you (1) misreading the context and (2) just having a differing opinion.......... well, it is actually pretty embarrassing for you and your ability to interact with others 🤪

The truth gets everybody in trouble, Jordon Lewis was 100% correct in his assessment of the Hawks. 5 years at least is the best option they have. Tell the truth in 2021, no matter what it is and you will be in the hot seat! Clarko needs to come out now and tell Hawk fans what's the plan? North could beat the Suns later in the year and maybe one other, where does that leave the Hawks as far as the spoon goes?
I think North are looking to get Edwards and Horne in the drafts. So I would imagine they've already written off 2021. If they do, with what they've got and to come back, they'll be pretty hard to beat in about 18 months.

Back