Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 16 - Lions v Dogs Thurs June 30th 7:20pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine still being upset about Mac Andrew when you’re the reigning premiers.

5 next Gen academy players in the top 40 that season and yet the dogs are the only club to be “favoured”.

Fu** me dead 😂

Surely the Bulldogs are getting sick of Beveridge's coaching? Playing a fringe forward flanker on Charlie Cameron, names his favourite plodders every week, Macrae going up in ruck contests, and the bizarre strategy to have players back away off the mark? I mean, I get the strategy to force teams to kick long inside 50, but the Bulldogs' key defenders are awful and it works directly against them. It hasn't killed them completely so far tonight, but it just smacks of a guy trying to be smarter than what he actually is.

Bloke has coached his team to two grand finals in 6 or 7 years, winning one of them. I wouldn't question him.

West has got an excellent attack on the footy, makes me think even less of Bevo as a coach knowing how long it took for him to give the kid a consistent crack

Haha coached his team to two grand finals in 6 years, winning one of them and you dont rate him as a coach 🤣

why does Jobe and CH7 persist when he is clearly so unsuited to the job?
Rehabilitation and verbal commitments. The AFL warned the bombers of an investigation, did their best to mute the process, and are now helping out some key players. AFL and bombers were to a degree in on it together, and their interests align.

Look. Not to pick on low hanging fruit but you’ve got a sub. You were one man down.
I thought the same with the saint kilda game. They had 3 injured. The 3rd injury came half way through the 3rd. So they had 2 on the bench for a qtr and a half. Which is tough. Don't get me wrong. But they wanted people thinking they had 1 on the bench for half the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% obvious before the year that the Bullfrogs weren't playing finals.

An awesome midfield on paper who are all front runners but weak everywhere else

Haha coached his team to two grand finals in 6 years, winning one of them and you dont rate him as a coach 🤣
He has a well that he keeps going back to and is unwilling to change, doesn’t change the fact that he has had success and has done amazing things in our game. It’s not that I don’t rate him as a coach, I just don’t rate his coaching style right now.

Hinkley is what happens when you keep going back to the same personnel and and same game plan year on year. Does that make him a bad coach? No, but it does make you doubt his ability at present right?

Always had that attack, had a billion other deficiencies to get out of his game first. Was a liability up to this year, and the "team first mentality" penny has finally dropped.
Fair enough, good insight from a dogs supporter. Always easy to judge as an oppo supporter!

I love that Josh Schache exists, I really do.

Still laughing that with the narrative of no umpire contact being sacrosanct, Hipwood will escape suspension for deliberately pushing an opponent into an umpire.

Obvious loophole but intent, force and capacity to injure are all there to otherwise make that a decent suspension in any other circumstance.

Still laughing that with the narrative of no umpire contact being sacrosanct, Hipwood will escape suspension for deliberately pushing an opponent into an umpire.

Obvious loophole but intent, force and capacity to injure are all there to otherwise make that a decent suspension in any other circumstance.
I really want to see other teams incorporate this bold and innovative tactic.

Related, I also had a chuckle at the way the broadcaster/producer replayed the incident 5 or 6 times for the commentators to then inform us (correctly) there is nothing to see here.
Respectfully - an 'obvious loophole', ha ha, really? Has a player ever been accused/charged with deliberately pushing an opponent into an umpire - not in my lifetime..?
Although unlikely, Hipwood may get a fine for careless conduct given the outcome, but the AFL won't pursue anything related to what was simply incidental/accidental umpire contact...

5 years ago you'd look like a moron for suggesting a team's entire year depends on Josh Bruce coming back successfully but here we are.

It begs the question - is Hipwood an umpire sniper?

Back