Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 16 - Lions v Tigers Thurs June 29th 7:20pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 47 45.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond fans having a melt and catscollector with his usual potting of Brisbane.

Only thing missing in this thread is Toump Ass and his usual potting of Brisbane and the tri-fecta would be complete.

I rarely ever pot your club mate.
I called you a weak top four team earlier in the week. You smash Richmond and I haven't heard the end of it.
Now I supposedly pot Lions all the time.

This whole scenario is Groundhog Day. How often do you finish top four and then look an entirely different animal in the finals?
Until you actually do something, general public won't ever take the Lions seriously.

I called you a weak top four team earlier in the week. You smash Richmond and I haven't heard the end of it.

This whole scenario is Groundhog Day. How often do you finish top four and then look an entirely different animal in the finals?
Until you actually do something, general public won't ever take the Lions seriously.
Toffee Bear real up and about after beating on a mid-table side missing Lynch, Martin, and a senior coach… 🤣

If you want to show him what it looks like when you really pot a club direct him to any number of threads involving Richmond.

Toffee Bear real up and about after beating on a mid-table side missing Lynch, Martin, and a senior coach… 🤣

Seems to me there is a couple of insecure Lions fans here. I questioned Chris Fagan's coaching after they got smashed by Hawthorn a couple of weeks ago and got hounded down and told to look in my own backyard aka Vossy by a couple of Brisbane fans.

If you cannot win at the G, you can't win the flag. Simples.

Seems to me there is a couple of insecure Lions fans here. I questioned Chris Fagan's coaching after they got smashed by Hawthorn a couple of weeks ago and got hounded down and told to look in my own backyard aka Vossy by a couple of Brisbane fans.

Only Port exist to win Premierships so flags are irrelevant.

Was it just me or did that game have a s**t atmosphere, even from the start.
Agreed. When the game was expected to be tense and hard fought and very early on you could see that it was going to be bruise free and lacking any contest there was little left to carry the atmosphere.

Richmond were a complete no show and Brisbane were left without a sparring partner. It would have been like turning up to a training drill.

Was pretty flat at the Gabba until Joe started to put on a show. The guy is box office.

On another note. The song choices by Brisbane, especially Frozen after Daniher kicked a goal was kinda cool. I get why it's an easy thing to take a shot at but that could have been a request for his children (not sure if he has any) or a young fan. That's pretty cool if it was the case.

I would genuinely like to know if trolling responses aside, the Lions fans enjoy the songs after the goals that the ground has created.

Personally, I'm happy just for crowd atmosphere whenever I attend a game, and hearing the same songs over and over even when they are my team scoring goals becomes irritating. Hearing that every week regardless of the circumstances I'd find annoying.

I feel it's just something they accept, but if you had the choice of having it or not, how many would actually choose to have the songs option vs not?

One thing is for dam sure, cannot win the flag if you can’t make finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would genuinely like to know if trolling responses aside, the Lions fans enjoy the songs after the goals that the ground has created.

Personally, I'm happy just for crowd atmosphere whenever I attend a game, and hearing the same songs over and over even when they are my team scoring goals becomes irritating. Hearing that every week regardless of the circumstances I'd find annoying.

I feel it's just something they accept, but if you had the choice of having it or not, how many would actually choose to have the songs option vs not?

No one who has drunkenly sung Country Roads with your arm around a complete stranger in an elimination final win at the Gabba would say such heresy. In any case, it doesn't come at the expense of "crowd atmosphere". It's not like they hit a button that mutes the crowd.

But that's okay, I don't how understand Tiger fans could unironically cheer for a bloke like Nick Vlastuin. But I don't need to. I'm not a Tiger fan.

Footy is an irrational game. You do you, boo.

Fair enough johnno, glad you have had another successful year in your eyes.
Lions record against Top 4 teams.

Lost to Port in Adelaide
Beat Collingwood easily
Beat Melbourne easily

We are genuine Premiership contenders this year. Victorian media types will write us off, but they always have. Media pack jumping on board Collingwood in 2003 was a classic example.
I think the reason no one seriously thinks you’ll win it is you can’t win at the g. Your only hope I think is grabbing top 2 and getting a home prelim. Make a grand final and anything could happen on the day.

I think the reason no one seriously thinks you’ll win it is you can’t win at the g. Your only hope I think is grabbing top 2 and getting a home prelim. Make a grand final and anything could happen on the day.

You know we eliminated the reigning premiers at the G last year right?

There is plenty of reason to question whether we can go all away, but try to do it in more than unnuanced cliches regurgitated by others.

I understand songs after goals in Brisbane and Sydney, majority of the fans are more theatre going types so for them it’s entertainment.

A good test coming up for the Lions against Melbourne at the MCG. Not only to see if we can beat a fellow aspirant there but also if our current structure holds up against another top four side. Melbourne can still take down any of these teams on their day.

Do you think you beat a good Melbourne team that night?

Yes, they were very strong favourites, had a psychological edge on us, leapt out of the blocks and we did very well to reverse the trajectory of the match.

And without mighty Joe Daniher too.

They would have accounted for Richmond quite comfortably. If you are trying to dismiss that game as having any value for countering the notion that the Lions are both finals chokers and incapable of winning at the G if they put it together, then it's only because you really, really want it.

I understand songs after goals in Brisbane and Sydney, majority of the fans are more theatre going types so for them it’s entertainment.

This is the sort of petty cliched passive-aggressive salt that makes the Tigers board must-see viewing while they are getting demolished. It all becomes so transparently personal. Pathological.

Had quite the cackle last night when I got home.

No one who has drunkenly sung Country Roads with your arm around a complete stranger in an elimination final win at the Gabba would say such heresy. In any case, it doesn't come at the expense of "crowd atmosphere". It's not like they hit a button that mutes the crowd.

But that's okay, I don't how understand Tiger fans could unironically cheer for a bloke like Nick Vlastuin. But I don't need to. I'm not a Tiger fan.

Footy is an irrational game. You do you, boo.
That's not really an answer, would you rather have it or not if given the choice?
I'd be a no, but if you'd be a yes that's fine.
I'd just find it odd if the majority would be a yes.

Back