Discussion AFL 2023 Finals Series: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane very rarely wear maroon with white shorts - last time they did was in 2020 and it was to avoid a clash with Sydney.
I think they pretty much certainly will wear the Fitzroy red with white shorts, which is kinda cool in a way but also a bit of a bummer cos Pies home and Bris Maroon with white shorts is the ideal matchup imo.
2002+2003 was both teams in dark shorts - AFL's clash policy is very lacking but the part about dark shorts is clear enough to know that won't happen.

Brisbane very rarely wear maroon with white shorts - last time they did was in 2020 and it was to avoid a clash with Sydney.
I think they pretty much certainly will wear the Fitzroy red with white shorts, which is kinda cool in a way but also a bit of a bummer cos Pies home and Bris Maroon with white shorts is the ideal matchup imo.
2002+2003 was both teams in dark shorts - AFL's clash policy is very lacking but the part about dark shorts is clear enough to know that won't happen.

But if it was the AFLW grand final they’d both be wearing dark shorts and we’ve already seen enough evidence to know that two teams in dark shorts is not an issue. There’s also literal evidence from 2002/03. The answer is right there for the AFL

But if it was the AFLW grand final they’d both be wearing dark shorts and we’ve already seen enough evidence to know that two teams in dark shorts is not an issue. There’s also literal evidence from 2002/03. The answer is right there for the AFL
Despite the evidence and historical precedence, I predict Collingwood will be full black, Brisbane will be in white shorts.

Not sure if we see a red guernsey or a maroon one, could go either way.

Has anyone seen the footy record yet?

Usually the front cover is the indicator.
Just came in at my work. Both home jumpers. Also a really really nice cover this year.
IMG_8349.jpeg

Both teams in home jumper. One will be in in white shorts. Hopefully pies but knowing no thought goes into it (usually) it’ll prob be lions

Unfortunately this logic doesn't apply. Case in point 1991 and 2015 Grand finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fitzroy red with white shorts would look magical

Clash wise it should be Collingwood white away white shorts
Brisbane full home maroon

That won’t happen

Since it was discussed yesterday and I have no where else to direct this grievance, I'm fuming about the GF footy record.

I live in a major regional city, (not a small town for reference).
Every year I buy the Grand Final record on the Monday and spend the week reading it cover to cover. It's a tradition.

Find out today that regional areas aren't receiving it until Thursday.

I asked the offical instagram page about this and the response was laughable.

'Hi there.
Last year we had a bye week before Grand final- this gave time to print and distribute out.
You can also buy them online if you wish to have it delivered.'

Factually incorrect. That's only happened once, and it was in 2021. It's here by Monday every other year.

Brisbane will wear this strip
imagerender

Oh come on white shorts? Really? Precedent was set 20 years ago go the full home!
The current maroon seems a bit lighter than it was 20 years ago too. And it's going to be a sunny day. Maroon v black would have looked great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back