Discussion AFL 2023 Finals Series: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

*White shorts policy is good for the game.
*Geelong look better in white shorts than navy, and probably would've worn them against any other team in the 2022 gf.
*The team that won the higher ranking prelim should get dibs on their entire Grand Final kit.

Are these hot takes? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Not at all, I agree with both takes, but just a change on the team that won the higher ranking prelim, it should be the team that finished higher on the ladder.

I actually like this matchup šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
It's rare, the type of thing you'd only ever see in a Grand Final, jumper matchups like this often become synonymous with the match.
Like our home/white matchup against WCE 2018

View attachment 1815447
sorry guys its the best photo i could get
1f26ee20919d2cdc1bf4beedf1a5d82a.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will most likely be a repeat of last 2 years, both next to each other below the Melbourne logo. Also very sure that they all get painted 1 or 2 days before the game.
Looked much better on the 50m.. heaven forbid Telstra donā€™t get another logo in

b4174da182aa09ad96fd08a029908257

Mark Knight posters are out, Brisbane's isn't great but the Collingwood one is class

Brisbane's looks like it was done before Knight knew if they were using red or Maroon.

I am sure he will explain the tatoos tomorrow, there will be some meaning behind them. Until I hear that I will resrve judgement on the Lions one.

Collingwoods is A+, That will sell like gold.

Weg was the master at the premiership posters, but when you consider knight had to follow the master he has done a pretty good job. The 2022 one is on my wall and I absolutly love it.

Brisbane's 2001 done by Weg was an impossible act to follow, even by Weg in 2002 and 2003.

The more I look at the Collingwood one, the more i like it, absolute class, you could even see that ending up on a few players ankles if the pies got up.

Grand Final logo placement the same as last year. Collingwood on the right, Brisbane on the left

Based on which end the cheer squad is?

Cant think of the last time the cup was presented at the Ponsford end, but I think it is cheer squad based so a Collingwood win may see that end used this year.

Brisbane's looks like it was done before Knight knew if they were using red or Maroon.

I am sure he will explain the tatoos tomorrow, there will be some meaning behind them. Until I hear that I will resrve judgement on the Lions one.

Collingwoods is A+, That will sell like gold.

Weg was the master at the premiership posters, but when you consider knight had to follow the master he has done a pretty good job. The 2022 one is on my wall and I absolutly love it.

Brisbane's 2001 done by Weg was an impossible act to follow, even by Weg in 2002 and 2003.

The more I look at the Collingwood one, the more i like it, absolute class, you could even see that ending up on a few players ankles if the pies got up.
I think the tattoo is a reference to Kevin Murray, I could be wrong.

I always think that Weg was an impossible act to follow and at the very least he's keeping the tradition alive without messing with it too badly.
I think stylistically they are so far apart that the only thing they really have in common is that Knight took over the tradition.

Knightā€™s style is like a kids book illustrator whereas Weg was capable of sketching bold, timeless mascots.

Donā€™t mean to s**t on anyone that likes them - I still like checking them out every year and thereā€™s a few heā€™s done that I like. But yeah Weg was just so much better and also Knight is a total flog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back