Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - BIG FREEZE 9 Demons v Pies Mon June 12th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne-vs-Coll.png

3rd v 1st

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 13
MELBOURNE V COLLINGWOOD
MONDAY JUNE 12TH 3:20PM AEST (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

MELBOURNE v COLLINGWOOD

Monday June 12, 3:20pm at the MCG

DEMONS

B: Rivers, May, Lever
HB: Hibberd, Tomlinson, Smith
C: Hunter, Viney, Sparrow
HF: Spargo, Fritsch, Neal-Bullen
F: Van Rooyen, Grundy, Chandler
FOLL: Gawn, Petracca, Pickett

I/C: Salem, Brayshaw, Langdon, McVee
EMG: Melksham, Schache, Jordon, Woewodin

IN: Hibberd
OUT: Bowey (concussion), Harmes (suspension)

MAGPIES

B: Isaac Quaynor, Darcy Moore, Brayden Maynard
HB: Billy Frampton, Nathan Murphy, Scott Pendlebury
C: Will Hoskin-Elliott, Jack Crisp, Josh Daicos
HF: Ash Johnson, Brody Mihocek, Patrick Lipinski
F: Jack Ginnivan, Darcy Cameron, Bobby Hill
FOLL: Mason Cox, Nick Daicos, Tom Mitchell

I/C: John Noble, Taylor Adams, Beau McCreery, Harvey Harrison
EMG: Trent Bianco, Finlay Macrae, Reef McInnes, Oleg Markov

IN: Lipinski
OUT: Jordan De Goey (suspended)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

ROUND 13 BYES: GOLD COAST SUNS * GEELONG

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 1.18.21 pm.png

NEALE DANIHER TROPHY

The Neale Daniher Trophy will be presented to the player judged best afield at the conclusion of the game. This year’s voting panel is Nathan Jones (Channel 7 – Chairperson), Lauren Wood (Herald Sun) and Jake Niall (The Age).

In the event of a tie, the tie is broken as follows:

• Number of three votes received
  • Number of two votes received
    If still unbroken, votes cast by the Chairperson will break the tie.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDG out, Oliver in - makes this game more interesting. Not as confident as I was prior to Sunday.

Dees are probably overdue to win this fixture and they won't get a better chance with JDG out.

But....this Pies team is like a hydra, cut off one head and another (maybe even two!!) grows in its place.

The big question is can the Dees midfield keep up over 4 qtrs on the spread and fast break? Will they tire before the Pies midfield? Does the Pies midfield even tire? We have a great ability to run games out because we know how to conserve energy during a game and we have a deep list of players who move through there. Which ever midfield group runs out of gas first will cost their team a victory.

The Dees will try to bring the game into the trenches and use their contested ball machines in Oliver, Petracca & Viney and make it a arm wrestle but funnily enough we don't mind that either. Pendles, Mitchell & Adams don't mind a battle at the coalface.

Won't be much in this one but I think eventually the Pies will find a couple of questions that the Dees can't answer.

Pies by 9 points.

Dees are probably overdue to win this fixture and they won't get a better chance with JDG out.

But....this Pies team is like a hydra, cut off one head and another (maybe even two!!) grows in its place.

The big question is can the Dees midfield keep up over 4 qtrs on the spread and fast break? Will they tire before the Pies midfield? Does the Pies midfield even tire? We have a great ability to run games out because we know how to conserve energy during a game and we have a deep list of players who move through there. Which ever midfield group runs out of gas first will cost their team a victory.

The Dees will try to bring the game into the trenches and use their contested ball machines in Oliver, Petracca & Viney and make it a arm wrestle but funnily enough we don't mind that either. Pendles, Mitchell & Adams don't mind a battle at the coalface.

Won't be much in this one but I think eventually the Pies will find a couple of questions that the Dees can't answer.

Pies by 9 points.
I mean I believe we've won the most 4th quarters this season so I don't think that's going to be the difference.

Connecting up forward and setting up defensively will be the reasons we win or lose.

Can we stop the Pies run?

Can we lower the eyes and hit targets up forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie Grundy best on, there’s no surer thing.

No Sidearse or the Bogun frequent flyer, so we’re never going to get a better a chance, as they normally dominate, this game has been personally scarring for my family, for years now the tribe has been going only to leave frustrated. I think Cox is going to get a bath from May who picked an excellent time to find form. Both teams play total football so that defensive running should see them break the Odo for match km, the way a dodgy car dealer does. The Collingwood half back line though will be a great battle to watch, and the quality in Moore etc is well acknowledged.

While everyone was/is pouring scorn on the ugly game Melbourne had against Carlton, there were some key things that happened that the blinkered observer might have missed, with Melbourne’s defense playing well and Salem back with his inside step through traffic, something that has not been NQR for a long time. Melbournes’ defense is on paper, back, now I’m not saying be afraid, but the pundits haven’t been putting much analysis into this, is going to be a lot closer than this windsock material of ‘Melbourne’s only beaten one top eight side’.

Just saw on the news that Clayton Oliver is in hospital. May be in doubt for Monday

Statistically this game is incredibly even (Melbourne just ahead in most stats fwiw). However, we have the most horrific game plan thanks to our less than incompetent coaching group - there is a reason Yze keeps missing out on head coaching jobs. On the other hand Collingwood seem to have the best man motivator in Mcrae and the best line coach in Leppitsch and that will be the difference.

Melbourne will win contested ball, stoppages and inside fifties but will likely still lose comfortably. Pies will need to have a really bad day to lose to this current Melbourne side.

Back