Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - BIG FREEZE 9 Demons v Pies Mon June 12th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of people in the AFL.Universe seem to be tipping Melbourne. They must think JDG being out is going to make all the difference

Are AFL players that mentally weak that this s**t is necessary? Or are Melbourne just losing the plot?

View attachment 1708079

I was there. It was a joke.

The media coverage surrounding this game has been a joke. Compare this to how they do coverage leading into big games in the NBA or NFL.

The media coverage here is real "gotcha" and headline-grabbing bullshit.

When was the last time Melb and Collingwood were both consistently this good? Both well considered premiership contenders? And the best we've got is "HEY HEY HEY THEY'RE PLAYING AUDIO" and "OMG DEGOEY IS GOING TO BALI".

Both Nick and Josh Daicos are chances to miss Monday:

Collingwood star Josh Daicos appears in doubt for Monday’s King’s Birthday blockbuster against Melbourne as Covid and the flu hits the Magpies.

Josh and brother Nick Daicos, who is favourite for this year’s Brownlow Medal, were expected to light up a function at the Bannockburn Railway Hotel on Saturday night alongside their legendary father Peter.
But just before 1pm on Saturday the pub cancelled the show.

“It is with regret we must inform you that Macedonian Marvels ‘An Evening with Peter, Josh & Nick Daicos’ will not be going ahead tonight,” a statement said.

“We have just been informed that both Josh and Nick have fallen ill. On club advice, they are on bed rest in an effort to be fit for Monday.

“A NEW DATE will be announced asap (sic). All tickets will be valid for the new scheduled date.”

The Magpies have confirmed that Josh has been unwell, but said Nick was OK. It’s believed Josh contracted the flu and not Covid.

But a few Magpies players have had either Covid or the flu this week. Injured defender Jeremy Howe appeared on AFL360 remotely after testing positive for Covid.

Collingwood star Josh Daicos appears in doubt for Monday’s King’s Birthday blockbuster against Melbourne as Covid and the flu hits the Magpies.

Josh and brother Nick Daicos, who is favourite for this year’s Brownlow Medal, were expected to light up a function at the Bannockburn Railway Hotel on Saturday night alongside their legendary father Peter.

“It is with regret we must inform you that Macedonian Marvels ‘An Evening with Peter, Josh & Nick Daicos’ will not be going ahead tonight,” a statement said.

“We have just been informed that both Josh and Nick have fallen ill. On club advice, they are on bed rest in an effort to be fit for Monday.

“A NEW DATE will be announced asap (sic). All tickets will be valid for the new scheduled date.”

The Magpies have confirmed that Josh has been unwell, but said Nick was OK. It’s believed Josh contracted the flu and not Covid.

But a few Magpies players have had either Covid or the flu this week. Injured defender Jeremy Howe appeared on AFL360 remotely after testing positive for Covid.

Apparently Nick Daicos trained this morning so I am unsure if it is true that he is sick and a chance to miss. Josh hasn’t trained all week so a likely out.

I just cannot see them winning with Sidebottom, De Goey, and both Daicos’ out (assuming that they are).

Last edited:

Just to add to this:

Collingwood spokesman says Nick is “fine”, Josh has been sick but should be OK for Monday. I guess the withdrawals from the event is just precautionary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm basing this on a blessed run of no injuries (so very theoretical and probably unlikely) .. who would you leave out?

PIES BEST 23

DEFENDERS
Daicos N, Howe, Maynard, Moore, Murphy, Noble, Quaynor
MIDFIELDERS
Adams, Crisp, Daicos J, De Goey, Lapinski Mitchell, Pendlebury, Sidebottom
FORWARDS
Elliott, Hill, McCreery, McStay, Mihocek
RUCKS
Cameron, Cox
SUBSTITUTE
Johnson
EMERGENCIES
Frampton, Ginnivan, Hoskin-Elliott

I was there. It was a joke.

The media coverage surrounding this game has been a joke. Compare this to how they do coverage leading into big games in the NBA or NFL.

The media coverage here is real "gotcha" and headline-grabbing bullshit.

When was the last time Melb and Collingwood were both consistently this good? Both well considered premiership contenders? And the best we've got is "HEY HEY HEY THEY'RE PLAYING AUDIO" and "OMG DEGOEY IS GOING TO BALI".
I love when (after 3 pre-ad break teasers) the live broadcast team cross to [knob head "journo"]. Standing very seriously in the rooms. Unblinking intense eyes. They slowly and simply report their scoops (everything about the day you already knew and a little bullshit). Today's footy media. Such an art.

Pies to be in control most of the match, with Melbourne closing the gap sometime in the 3rd Q only for the Pies to kick away to a 5 or so goal win in the last.

Or are Melbourne just losing the plot?
"Chocco" Williams havin' a laugh, stirring up the boys.
No different to MacRae bringing in some b-graders mum for the pre-match rev up speech.
Bit of fun is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't mind me, I'm just here to (yet again) s**t all over the nonsensical 3:20 start time. It's a glorious winter's day, one where we should be maximising the natural light yet come the 2nd half the ground will be completely dark and relying on tens of thousands of expensive lights to provide adequate illumination. Seriously, this fixture provides the perfect opportunity to start at 1:45, as if less people are going to attend/watch on tv because it's 90 odd minutes earlier...

Don't mind me, I'm just here to (yet again) s**t all over the nonsensical 3:20 start time. It's a glorious winter's day, one where we should be maximising the natural light yet come the 2nd half the ground will be completely dark and relying on tens of thousands of expensive lights to provide adequate illumination. Seriously, this fixture provides the perfect opportunity to start at 1:45, as if less people are going to attend/watch on tv because it's 90 odd minutes earlier...

Not about attendance.

All about being able to go straight from the final siren into the news broadcast.

Collingwood get the second fastest player in the AFL back in Lipinski but lose the fastest player in Ginnivan.
So they're gonna be handicapped.

Think the AFL at the game today need to acknowledge the Hunter Valley bus tragedy especially since we now know members of the Singleton Roosters Australian Rules side were involved in the accident.

Need to stand united as a wider footy community with support.

Back