Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 18 - Eagles v Tigers Sun July 16th 2:40pm WST/4:40pm EST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Living in the past.

The present for the Eagles is truly horrific so I don’t blame you.

Please keep on topic. How bad are the Eagles? Kept in this game by those youngsters Kelly, Sheed, Gaff, McGovern, Darling, Hurn and Cripps. The future sure is bright!
Again. The same was said in 2008-10 when we lost the majority of our premiership stars within a few years of each other. We’ll be fine. The richest and one of the most powerful sides in the league. We won’t be down for long.

West Coast are much closer to full strength the last couple of weeks than they were earlier in the season and are more competitive especially at home.

True but the only teams who have not put up a century against them are, GWS, St Kilda, Essendon, North Melbourne & Richmond. Excluding the obvious team near the bottom, only Essendon look the most likely to feature in September and even then it's a tough ask given their fixture.

True but the only teams who have not put up a century against them are, GWS, St Kilda, Essendon, North Melbourne & Richmond. Excluding the obvious team near the bottom, only Essendon look the most likely to feature in September and even then it's a tough ask given their fixture.
2 points out of the 8. No matter what you might feel about it that is the fact. No one knows who will feature yet but every team outside the top 4 is involved in an almighty fight to qualify.

The top 3 are still well above all the rest.

Again. The same was said in 2008-10 when we lost the majority of our premiership stars within a few years of each other. We’ll be fine. The richest and one of the most powerful sides in the league. We won’t be down for long.
West Coast were bad in 2008, ok in 2009 and bad again in 2010.

The Eagles were horrific in 2022 and are an embarrassment to the league this year.

It’s a whole new level.

West Coast looked at Jayden Hunt and went “Yep, he will make us better”.

No more needs to be said really.

But you keep clinging to the past.

West Coast were bad in 2008, ok in 2009 and bad again in 2010.

The Eagles were horrific in 2022 and are an embarrassment to the league this year.

It’s a whole new level.

West Coast looked at Jayden Hunt and went “Yep, he will make us better”.

No more needs to be said really.

But you keep clinging to the past.
First time watching footy? 2022 and 2023 we have had possible the worst injury run of all time. Surely you’d know a bit about that being a Dees fan? 2019 ring any bells? Big difference having your best players on the park

We have indeed had a ridiculous run of injuries to a list that was already over the age cliff.
However claiming that a bounce straight back to being long term finalists is a given just because it happened before seems pretty illogical to me.

I liked our spirit 2 weeks ago vs the Saints. Didn't like it at all today though. Trash first half against an opponent that was playing poorly and missing a lot of easy shots in perfect playing conditions. 2nd half was at least an improvement as a team, but still so much to dislike at an individual skills and decision-making level.

First time watching footy? 2022 and 2023 we have had possible the worst injury run of all time. Surely you’d know a bit about that being a Dees fan? 2019 ring any bells? Big difference having your best players on the park
Good to know West Coast will win the 2025 premiership.

Comparing the talent on Melbourne’s 2019 list vs. the slop at the Eagles is the most delusional and arrogant thing you’ve done.

We have indeed had a ridiculous run of injuries to a list that was already over the age cliff.
However claiming that a bounce straight back to being long term finalists is a given just because it happened before seems pretty illogical to me.

I liked our spirit 2 weeks ago vs the Saints. Didn't like it at all today though. Trash first half against an opponent that was playing poorly and missing a lot of easy shots in perfect playing conditions. 2nd half was at least an improvement as a team, but still so much to dislike at an individual skills and decision-making level.
A realist without the entitled arrogance.

It looked like both teams with aging players struggling to kick the distances they used to kick easily.

Comparing the talent on Melbourne’s 2019 list vs. the slop at the Eagles is the most delusional and arrogant thing you’ve done.
The talent of 2019 Melbournes list? I’ve f*cking heard it all ahahah. You’re carried by the same 5 players year after year with a bunch of spuds filling the holes.

Sound familiar? Seems to be the same argument you’re using against West Coast (and I won’t dispute the accuracy), we just have happened to miss those handful of players for large parts of the past 3 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beating Freo in the Grand Finale!
Gaff playing as a very small and slow forward by then.
Nic Nat playing on crutches
Shuey with artificial hamstrings.
Sheed to kick the winning goal with <1 minute to go from the right forward pocket from about 20m out (about as far as he can kick by 2025)

True. Long injury list really explains it. Just bad luck. Last year was bad luck too. Bloody COVID.

I mean you have been without some real stars. Imagine if you had all these guns back:

Coby Burgiel, Greg Clark, Jai Culley, Harry Edwards, Luke Foley, Callum Jamieson, Jamaine Jones, Nic Naitanu (LOL), Sam Petrevski-Seton, Josh Rotham, Zane Trew, Connor West, Isaiah Winder.

I mean those blokes would make a big difference! Houshold names! So many guns out injured.

Last edited:
True. Long injury list really explains it. Just bad luck. Last year was bad luck too. Bloody COVID.

I mean you have been without some real stars. Imagine if you had these all these guns back:

Coby Burgiel, Greg Clark, Jai Culley, Harry Edwards, Luke Foley, Callum Jamieson, Jamaine Jones, Nic Naitanu (LOL), Sam Petrevski-Seton, Josh Rotham, Zane Trew, Connor West, Isaiah Winder.

I mean those blokes would make a big difference! Houshold names! So many guns out injured.
Cherry picking this weeks injury list to try and prove your point? Despite players like NN (a meme now sure but was the best tap ruck in the league when he got on the park) Yeo, Ryan, McGovern, Cripps, Shuey, Cole, Allen, Sheed missing large parts of the last 2-3 years.

That’s a fair chunk of our ball winning, ball movement and intensity setters all out and not able to catch up fitness wise during the year. We literally had WAFL top ups last year who had never met each other the week they played together and you’re trying to palm it off like it’s just a blip and they should be doing better?

We were a bees dick off starting this season 3-0. I have a hard time believing our full strength side is the worst in the comp

Cherry picking this weeks injury list to try and prove your point? Despite players like NN (a meme now sure but was the best tap ruck in the league when he got on the park) Yeo, Ryan, McGovern, Cripps, Shuey, Cole, Allen, Sheed missing large parts of the last 2-3 years.

That’s a fair chunk of our ball winning, ball movement and intensity setters all out and not able to catch up fitness wise during the year. We literally had WAFL top ups last year who had never met each other the week they played together and you’re trying to palm it off like it’s just a blip and they should be doing better?

We were a bees dick off starting this season 3-0. I have a hard time believing our full strength side is the worst in the comp
Cherry picking? That's actual players on your actual list. It just shows how bad your list is.

I just copy and pasted the injury list which is of full of mostly blokes who aren't AFL standard and a couple of old blokes who are cooked (Hurn, NicNat).

Yeo is fat and constantly injured. Cooked.
McGovern fat and constantly injured. Cooked.
Shuey is 33. Cooked.

You can't claim players as "missing" when they are cooked.

I don't say "oh wait until we get Buddy back!" anymore because it would be disengenguous.

2023 Buddy isn't anywhere near as good as 2016 peak Buddy.

Most of the blokes on that injury list are WAFL players who won't improve your AFL side at all.

Last edited:
Cherry picking?

I just copy and pasted the injury list which is of full of mostly blokes who aren't AFL standard and a couple of old blokes who are cooked (Hurn, NicNat).

Yeo is fat and constantly injured.
McGovern fat and constantly injured.
Cherry picking this weeks injury list isn’t a true reflection of the injury crisis over the past 2 years. We’ve been fairly competitive against sides pushing for the bottom half of the eight since the best 22 started returning off the injury list

Back